Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes is the best way to cook up a sweet potato. I chose to make Hasselback sweet potatoes that were drizzled with garlic butter and parsley.
I made these sweet potatoes in my Instant Pot Duo Crisp, with the air fryer lid. But you can use an air fryer oven, or cook your air fryer basket as well.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato
Hasselback herbed Sweet Potatoes can be a side dish or even a main dish. I did ours as a side dish, and topped with a dollop of sour cream.
What Is A Hasselback Sweet Potato
Hasselback Sweet Potatoes are unique and one of my favorite ways to cook up sweet potatoes!
You wash and prep your sweet potato and then carefully slice almost down to the bottom of the potato. Then finish making thin cuts all the way through.
Season and Butter liberally and air fry away. Then halfway through the brush with garlic butter and finish cooking.
Slicing Hassleback Potatoes
You will want to slice your Hasselback potatoes around 1/4 ” to 1/8” thick. Then you don’t want to cut all the way down. You will only cut until so far down like pictured above.
I eye-ball my potatoes when I cut. I don’t fully measure the spaces. But if you want to be technical go ahead and measure. Either route will work!
Variations to Sweet Potatoes In Air Fryer
- Butter and cinnamon and sugar for a sweet component.
- Simple salt and pepper.
- Butter and then drizzle with honey when done.
- Add in some hot sauce and Cajun spices.
- Salt and pepper and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
The sky is the limit on how you decide to dress up your air fried sweet potatoes. These air fryer potatoes are very easy to change up to fit your preference.
How To Make Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Start by washing and prepping potatoes.
- Rub butter on sliced potatoes and season.
- Cook in the air fryer for part of the way.
- Remove and brush with garlic butter and continue to cook.
- Turn off and serve your delicious Hasselback potato.
I love to serve mine with sour cream and parsley but you are welcome to eat plain or even drizzle on yogurt if you want.
This is a more savory sweet potato recipe. But you could easily put cinnamon and sugar to give it a sweet component if you prefer that flavor pairing.
How Long Do You Cook Air Fryer Hassleback Sweet Potatoes
The time it takes for these sweet potatoes will vary. The reason why I say this is every sweet potato will vary in size.
You will find the time in the recipe card below to be close, but you might need to pull your potatoes out sooner, or cook longer.
Hasselback Sweet Potatoes are easy to make, as soon as your sweet potatoes are fork-tender they are done.
Can I Bake In Oven
Absolutely! You can bake your sweet potatoes in the oven if you would like. Just turn your oven for 400-425 degrees and cook until your sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
Craving More Air Fryer Side Dishes
Hasselback Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes you can do more
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- First, you want to start by washing and prepping your sweet potatoes. You will want to slice your potatoes thinly, around 1/4 inch or so. You don’t want to cut your potatoes all the way through. That way the sweet potato stays together.
- Now take your cold stick of butter and rub on the sweet potato. Then sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the potatoes.
- Lay your Hasselback potatoes in your air fryer. I covered my air fryer shelf with aluminum foil to catch any juice that drips and prevent smoking.
- Turn your air fryer to 350 degrees, and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes you will want to take your butter and place in a microwave-safe dish. Add in your garlic powder and your parsley and mix. Then with a silicone brush, you can brush all over the sweet potatoes. You won’t use all your butter.
- Cook again for another 20 minutes. You can then check your Hasselback potatoes and if they are fork tender they are done. If not, return to cook until they are fork-tender.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Leave A Reply!