Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake is going to completely transform the way you serve up carrot cake. This is a layered carrot cake recipe. It has two moist and spiced filled layers of carrot cake, with a thick cheesecake filling in the center. Carrot cheesecake is unbelievably delicious and easy to make.
I love me a good carrot cake. When you add in a layer of cheesecake into the mix, my heart skips a beat. While this would make a fantastic Easter dessert recipe, I also make this all throughout the year. Summer, spring, you name it, this recipe is on my speed dial. Great for birthday parties, family gatherings, and even summer cookouts.
Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake
Let me walk you through some tips and tricks to making the perfect carrot cake with a cheesecake layer. This recipe might look difficult, but trust me, it is easy to make. Try these pumpkin carrot muffins if you are looking for something new.
Is The Carrot Cake Cheesecake Layer No Bake
Yes. You will make a no-bake cheesecake layer that you will refrigerate for a few hours before assembling the cake. I find that the no-bake cheesecake center offers a really fluffy texture and pairs nicely with the carrot cake and the cream cheese frosting.
What Can I Use To Replace Dates In Layered Carrot Cake Recipe
You can use raisins instead if you prefer. Or leave them out completely if you are not a fan of either. I personally love the flavor of dates in carrot cake.
Do You Have To Peel Carrots For Carrot Cake
You don’t have to peel carrots when you are using them in a cake. Simply wash them really well and scrub to remove any dirt or debris on the carrots. Then shred the unpeeled carrots if you would like. I tend to peel mine as the skin can offer a bit of a bitter taste. But, it is up to you.
How Do You Shred Carrots for Cake
You can use a classic cheese grater, rotary cheese grater or anything else you have on hand. You just want the carrot pieces to be pretty fine, so they bake up nicely and are not overly chunky in the batter.
Tips For Making No-Bake Cheesecake
One key to making this no-bake cheesecake layer is how you mix up the recipe. Make sure to start your cream cheese is room temperature. If it isn’t room temperature you will end up with a really lumpy texture.
It can resemble cottage cheese, and that means you did not have cream cheese warm enough. Also, make sure you really mix the batter till it becomes nice and fluffy. I use my hand mixer or stand mixer for this.
What Size Cake Pan Do You Use
I used a 9-inch cake pan for this recipe. You will need 3, one for the cheesecake layer (feel free to use a springform pan) and then two for the cake portion since you are making a layered cake.
More Easy Desserts
- Carrot Cake Blondies
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Cheesecake
- German Chocolate Cake Balls
- Marshmallow Popcorn
- Carrot Cake Dip
- • 1 cups granulated sugar
- • 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- • 1 1/2 cups carrots, diced or shredded in a food processor
- • 3 eggs
- • 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- • 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • ¼ tea aspoon ground cloves
- • ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- • 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- • 2/3 cup chopped dates*
- Cheesecake Filling
- • 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- • ½ cup granulated sugar
- • 2 teaspoons vanilla
- • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- • ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- • 4 cups powdered sugar
- • 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8-inch round cake pans with non-stick
cooking spray and line the bottom of each pan with a circle of parchment paper.
- Mix wet ingredients and then add all the dry ingredients and stir to
combine until just mixed but smooth. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly between the two cake pans and bake for 20-25 minutes,
or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Set cake aside to let it cool in the pans for 30 minutes to an hour, and
then drag a knife along the outside of the cake to make sure it isn’t sticking to the pan before removing the cake from the pan.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth, with a hand-held
- In a stand mixer, whip heavy cream until thick.
- Stirwhipped cream and vanilla into the cream cheese and sugar mixture
- Spray a 9-inch cake pan with non-stick spray, and insert a parchment
circle on the bottom of the pan. Scoop cheesecake filling into the pan and press down to flatten it. Refrigerate for a couple of hours to overnight to firm up before assembling the cake.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and cream cheese in a medium-sized mixing bowl until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and mix to combine, and then mix in the vanilla.
- Using a cake leveler, level both carrot cake layers so the cake layers are
- To assemble the cake, place the first layer top-side down on a cake
plate. Top it a small amount of icing, and then the cheesecake layer. Follow that up with another small amount of frosting, and then the final carrot cake layer, top-side down. Decorate the top of the cake with icing, as desired.
Optional toppings to add to the top of the cake: walnuts, caramel, carrots,
or strips of carrots.
Sub raisins for dates if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473 Total Fat: 44g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 24g Cholesterol: 121mg Sodium: 336mg Carbohydrates: 91g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 75g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g
Is Carrot Cake Healthier Than Regular Cake
You would think since there are carrots inside the cake it would eliminate some of the bad. Well, carrot cake isn’t really healthy. It has a lot of sugar, the cheesecake layer adds a lot of sweetness, not to mention the cream cheese frosting. You can pretend it is healthier than regular cake, but the reality is no.
How To Store Cheesecake Carrot Cake
Because of the cheesecake filling and cream cheese frosting this cake needs to be stored in the refrigerator. Just place in a container that is airtight and stores for 3-5 days. This cake is best when served the first couple days. If you prefer the room temperature flavor, then slice and let sit on the counter a bit before you serve.
Can I Make This Cheesecake Carrot Cake Ahead of Time
You could make this cake a day in advance. Just make sure to store the cake in the fridge, and then remove and place on a platter when ready to serve.
When To Serve This Easy Carrot Cake
- Spring Events
- Family Gatherings
- Bake Sales
- Summer Cookouts
- Birthday Parties
- And any other occasion
There is no wrong time to serve this cake in my opinion! I love an easy cake, and this layered carrot cake will win over anyone.