Sharing is caring!
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies are a fun and different way to cook up some homemade chocolate chip cookies! Air fryer cookies won’t heat up your house like the traditional oven method. The same great taste made right in your air fryer!
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
Why make cookies in air fryer? Why not? It is just like the oven, but it uses less energy, won’t overheat your home and is easy and quick!
I own a few different air fryers, so feel free to use in your Instant Pot Duo Crisp, Ninja Foodi, Air Fryer oven, or even the classic air fryer basket style!
Ingredients For Chocolate Chip Cookies in Air Fryer
- Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- Softened Butter
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make Air Fryer Cookies
Step 1: Start by mixing your all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Make sure it is combined well.
Step 2: In a bowl, you are going to cream together your butter and sugar until it becomes light and fluffy. This takes about 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
Then with mixer on medium, add in your egg and vanilla as well.
Step 3: Mix your flour mixture into the wet until well combined. Then gently fold in your chocolate chip morsels.
Step 4: Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. While your air fryer is heating up work on scooping out your cookie balls. I used a tablespoon cookie scoop then rolled the balls.
Line your air fryer basket or rack with parchment paper and place your cookie dough balls on the paper. Leave room between each cookie. Bake cookies in the air fryer for 5 minutes or until the cookies are cooked through.
Also, check out my butter pecan cookies, for another great dessert idea.
How Do I Know When My Air Fryer Cookies Are Done
The air fryer cooks differently than the other. Hot air circulates all around the items that are in there. So look to see a golden brown color on the top of your cookies.
You can also take a toothpick and stick in, and if the toothpick comes out clean the cookies are done.
Can I Use Gluten Free Flour
If you want a gluten free chocolate chip cookie made in the air fryer, simply use a 1 to 1 replacement with a gluten free flour blend. Mix the dough as directed and cook the same.
Mix in To Cookies
- Mini M&M’s
- Crushed up nuts like pecans or walnuts
- Use peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, etc to swap
- Stir in toffee chips or other fun mix ins
Storing Leftover Cookies
Place cookies on a wire rack to cool. Once the cookies are fully cooled you can then transfer to a sealable bag or airtight container. The cookies will store for up to 4 days at room temperature.
Or you can place in the freezer and store for up to three months. Then reheat in the microwave or thaw on the counter.
Here are More Delicious Desserts
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a small bowl you will want to whisk your flour, baking soda, and your salt. Once mixed set aside.
- Then in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer cream your butter and brown sugar together till light and creamy. This takes 2-3 minutes. Then mix in egg and vanilla.
- Now slowly mix in your dry ingredients until mixed. Then fold in your chocolate chips.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. While that is warming roll your cookies into 1 inch balls. I used a cookie scoop.
- Place your parchment paper on air fryer basket or tray, and place cookies in air fryer. Leave a space between each cookie as it spreads.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until your air fryer chocolate chip cookies are baked through.
- Place on the cooling rack and allow it to cool.
- Serve up these easy air fryer cookies for any and every occassion.
- You can use gluten free flour if you would like, just use a gluten free flour blend.
- If you want to bake these cookies in the oven do 350 degrees and bake until the cakes are done.
- Every air fryer cooks differently so do a test batch and watch the time to ensure you don't overcook your cookies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.