Turtle pumpkin cheesecake is a mix between a classic turtle cheesecake paired with pumpkin spice. The ultimate holiday cheesecake recipe to serve up. This Instant Pot turtle cheesecake is a homerun!
Table of contents
A chocolate Oreo cookie crust, with a pumpkin spice cheesecake filling topped with sweet caramel, pecans, and a chocolate sauce for the turtle chocolate flavor.
This pumpkin caramel turtle cheesecake is dynamite, and if you love cheesecake, you have to try this chocolate turtle cheesecake with pumpkin.
🎃 Why This Recipe Is So Popular
- Pumpkin spice flavor paired with the classic caramel turtles everyone loves.
- The toppings are out of this world.
- Thick and velvety cheesecake .
- Gives The Cheesecake Factory a run for their money!
- The pressure cooker handles all the hard work.
- Delicious and a stunning cheesecake to serve up guests.
- Great to be made a day in advance.
- Freezer friendly.
🥄 Main Ingredients
Oreo Crust | This cheesecake features an Oreo cookie crust. I loved having a chocolate crust instead of a classic graham cracker style crust.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling | You will reach for all the classic cheesecake filling ingredients. Along with pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice.
Toppings | caramel sauce, chopped pecans, and a chocolate glaze bring this cheesecake to absolute perfection.
👩🍳 How to Make
Start by working on your Oreo crust. Take your crushed Oreo cookies and mix with the melted butter. Press them into the springform pan. Toss your crust in the freezer while you work in the rest of the batter.
Now you will work on the cheesecake batter. Start by creaming your cream cheese, until soft and fluffy. Then add in your sugar and beat for 2 minutes.
Now add in the puree, heavy cream, vanilla, pumpkin spice, flour, vanilla and mix. Then add in eggs one at a time.
Once combined pour into pan, cover the pan with aluminum foil, tightly.
Place water in Instant Pot, and trivet and then place the springform pan in the pressure cooker.
Cook on high for 40 minutes followed by a natural release of pressure. Once the pin drops remove your cheesecake and let it cool on a cooling rack for an hour.
Then place cheesecake in the fridge and let it setup overnight.
How to Add Topping To Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake
Once your pumpkin turtle cheesecake is fully set, you can then add on the topping. Take your caramel sauce and drizzle it all over the top of the cheesecake.
Then you will heat your chocolate and oil in the microwave, stirring every 15-20 seconds. Once the chocolate is fully melted, drizzle over the top of the cheesecake.
Then top with pecans, and then you are ready to slice and serve this decadent homemade cheesecake.
This turtle pecan cheesecake needs to be stored in the refrigerator. The cheesecake will spoil if left at room temperature.
If you are worried about the caramel and chocolate sticking, just tent the aluminum foil or buy a plastic container for pies to place your cheesecake in.
🥚Essentials to Make This Turtle Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Silicone Sling| Place your cheesecake on this silicone sling to lift it easily out of the pressure cooker. This is a great accessory I use all the time.
Parchment Rounds | Instead of having to cut classic parchment paper these parchment rounds make it easy to just place right in your round pan!
Container Carrier | So when I put my decorated cheesecake in the fridge I use a container carrier. That way the whopper cheesecake is in a container to protect it and I don’t worry about the toppings getting smashed by aluminum foil wrapped around it.
Cheesecake in the Instant Pot takes half the time to cook. Depending on the texture you prefer will vary. Cheesecake made in the Instant Pot is creamier and more mousse-like. Where the oven is a denser and thicker style cheesecake.
You will want to use a 7 or 7.5 inch springform or push pan. If you own an 8 quart Instant Pot you can use a 9 inch pan. The 9 inch will not fit in the other sizes of pressure cookers.
You can use aluminum foil in the Instant Pot. For making this cheesecake you will want to make sure you wrap the cheesecake tightly to prevent moisture from getting into the cheesecake.
More Cheesecake Recipes To Try
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Malt Ball Cheesecake Instant Pot Recipe
- Cheesecake Stuffed Apples
- Microwave Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Oreo Cheesecake Instant Pot
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes on my Facebook Page, Instant Pot Group, and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 1 cup OREO cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 oz bittersweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 1 cup caramel topping
- Start by prepping your 7.5 inch springform pan. Spray with non-stick spray and then use parchment paper for the inside to prevent leaking.
- Add a cup of water into your Instant Pot and place a trivet in, or use a silcone sling.
- In a bowl you will add your crushed Oreos and butter and mixt together. Then press it down tightly in the pan. I used a cup to pack the crust in. Place in the freezer while you are working on the filling.
- Now for the pumpkin cheesecake batter you will add in your cream cheese and mix until creamy. Then pour in your granulated sugar and whip for 2 minutes.
- Now you will add in pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, vanilla, flour, vanilla and mix. Then slowly mix in your eggs one at a time. Don't overmix.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into your cookie crust. Wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Then place the springform pan in the Instant Pot with the water and trivet.
- Place lid on the pressure cooker and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Then cook on manual pressure for 40 minutes. Followed by a natural release. This will take about 20 minutes to naturally release.
- When the pin drops, remove your lid, and place the cheesecake on a cooling rack for an hour.
- Then cover the cheesecake and store in the fridge and allow it to set up overnight.
- Once the cheesecake is chilled, you will microwave your chocolate and oil and mix until it is melted.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the cheesecake. Next drizzle with the melted chocolate sauce, and then top with the pecans.
- Slice and serve up this turtle pumpkin cheesecake and enjoy.
Make sure to allow your cheesecake to set up overnight, or the texture will be soft.
You can do a graham cracker crust instead of the Oreo crust if you prefer.
Feel free to use a homemade caramel sauce or buy store-bought. Even dulce de leche would be great.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 38gProtein: 5g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.