All you need is three simple ingredients to make these pickle roll ups. Pickle wraps are made with sliced salami, cream cheese, and pickles. These pickle appetizers are so popular for holidays, game day snacking, and more.
Now with pickle rollups there are endless options from using a slice of ham, roast beef, dried beef, and more. You will find these are an affordable and delicious appetizer for family get-togethers all year round.
These Pickle Wraps Are..
- Bite-Sized Appetizers
- Great for Pickle Lovers
- After-School Snacks
- Perfect Make Ahead Appetizer
Make sure to check out my stuffed pickles that are dipped in beer batter pickles.
Ingredients You Need
Pickles – You can use whole dill pickles, sweet pickles, dill pickle spear, or any type of pickles you would like. Make sure to use mini pickles if you are using a whole pickles, or slice a large pickle into smaller pieces.
Cream Cheese – You will want to use room temperature cream cheese. You are welcome to use reduced-fat cream cheese or full fat. You will spread on a layer of cream cheese and it really elevates the flavor for this tasty snack.
Salami – Used slice salami for wrapping around the pickle. You are welcome to use other types of meat. Ham slices, turkey meat, or any other deli meat for this recipe.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make these salami roll ups are in the printable recipe card. This is a visual walk through on how to make these bite-sized snacks for your next party or mid-day snack.
Step One: Start with your pickles, and place on a paper towel lined plate. This will help pull off the excess liquid.
Step Two: Next slice the salami in half and spread with a layer of cream cheese on the meat.
Step Three: Next place the pickle on top of cream cheese and roll. The cream cheese acts like the glue to stick the appetizer together.
Step Four: Place a toothpick in the top, and place on platter to serve.
Expert Tips And Variations to Recipe
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of dry ranch seasoning with the cream cheese. This will add a nice flavor to the cream cheese spread.
- Sprinkle the cream cheese once spread on the meat with Everything but the Bagel seasoning. Adds a nice savory component.
- Use any type of lunch meat you want. Thick slices are okay, just make sure they are not too thick so it rolls nicely.
- Pat off the excess pickle juice from pickles to hep it wrap well.
- Any flavor of pickles work for this easy recipe.
You can store your wraps in an airtight container or wrap in plastic wrap. This can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time. Just uncover and serve up this perfect appetizer! Any leftovers can be stored for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Unfortunately due to the cream cheese and pickle you will find that this does not freeze well. As the pickles will become pretty soggy.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not like pickles, swap with olives. You can use black or green olives and it will be a tasty appetizer all the same. It will just be smaller in size.
Pickle wraps are very popular, and often found to be served in the Midwest. But since the internet has began I have found more and more areas enjoy this delicious appetizer.
Printable Recipe Card
Pickle Roll Ups
- 1 16 ounce jar of mini pickles
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 15 slices salami
- Place pickles on a paper towel lined plate. This will help soak up the excess pickle juice.
- Slice salami in half, and then spread with a layer of the softened cream chese.
- Place pickle in the center of the salami, and wrap. Place toothpick in to hold the appetizer together.