Mango Salsa is a must-make fresh fruit salsa that is studded with jalapenos, diced ripe mangos, lime juice, onion, and cilantro. Learn how to make mango salsa at home using fresh mango.
Spicy mango salsa to dress up fish, chicken, or eat with chips for tasty pairing. No matter how you serve up this easy mango salsa, it is sure to please. This homemade salsa is a spicy salsa, but you can tame the spice with a little adjustments. Don’t wait, tickle your taste buds with this easy recipe. Don’t forget to grab the salty tortilla chips.
Colorful and delicious is what to expect with this mango salad mix. Kids and adults will enjoy this as an appetizer or a perfect snack. Dress up your salsa game, and even pair with a mango margarita for a tropical theme.
Table of contents
You can control the heat factor, by leaving or taking seeds out of the jalapeno.
Why You Will Love This Mango Salsa Recipe…
- Easy to Make
- Ready in Minutes
- Colorful salsa
- Use in a variety of dishes or as an appetizer
- Simple Ingredients
- The Best mango salsa recipe I have made
- Lime Juice
- Red Onions
- Salt (optional)
Consider pairing with homemade tortilla chips!
How to Make
Full directions on how to make mango salsa are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk through with images.
Step 1: The first thing you are going to do is slice your mango, dice up your red onion, chop cilantro, and jalapeno peppers.
Expert Tip: If you want a milder salsa de-seed the pepper and then rinse before dicing up. To keep the seeds will give you a spicier flavored salsa.
Step 2: Place all prepped ingredients in a bowl and pour in the lime juice. Toss and then taste, and season with salt if you feel it needs a little extra flavor.
Expert Tips and Variations
- Red onion is best for this recipe, it pairs well with the other ingredients. You can use yellow onion or white onion in replace.
- Make sure to reach for ripe mangoes, otherwise the fresh mango salsa recipe will lack.
- Dice up the mango into bite-size pieces.
- Eat with chips, use the mango salsa for fish tacos, chicken, burrito bowls, etc.
- This is a sweet mango recipe to try out if you are looking for something new.
- Squeeze on some fresh lime juice for a kick of citrus.
- Mix in some diced fresh pineapple for even more of a fruity salsa.
- If you don’t want to use jalapeño pepper you can swap with a green or red pepper. This will give you a mild salsa not spicy.
This homemade mango salsa stores well in the refrigerator for a few days. Make sure to store in an airtight container. Don’t leave the salsa at room temperature for more than two hours, or it can spoil.
You will find that the ingredients in this salsa will break down as it sits in the fridge. So plan to use up the salsa de mango within a few days of being made.
Want More Fruit Recipes
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
Mango Salsa Recipe
- 3-4 medium Mangoes cubed
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1 medium Jalapeno sliced, and minced
- 2 small lime squeezed for juice
- 4-5 cilantro sticks minced
- Salt to taste optional
- Start by prepping all your vegetables and the fruit. If you want a spicy salsa, leave the seeds in the jalapenos. Otherwise, cut pepper lengthwise and scrape out all the seeds and white vein. Rinse in water, then mince.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl, toss and then season with salt to taste if you would like.
- Serve this mango salsa with tortilla chips, chicken, fish, or other Mexican dishes.