This peach scone is a tender and flaky homemade scone that is studded with peaches in every bite. Whip up this peach scone recipe that is topped with a crumble instead of a classic scone glaze.
This is my favorite summer scone flavor that is best served warm and fresh from the oven! This peach recipe works with fresh peaches, canned, or frozen.
Table of contents
Baking scones is really easy to do. I will share how to make peach scones and share tips to help give you the best peach dessert to serve up with a cup of coffee!
Why Make This Peach Scones Recipe….
- Use fresh, canned, or frozen peaches (try my peach cobbler muffins)
- Homemade scone
- Simple Ingredients you have in your pantry
- Delicious dessert or breakfast option
- Freezer Friendly
- Baking Powder
- Heavy Cream
How to Make
Step 1: Add your flour, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl and mix till combined.
Step 2: Work in the butter, using a pastry cutter or spatula. You want the dough to be crumbly.
Step 3: Next, add in the peaches, and mix them up. If you are using frozen peaches, just place them in the dough frozen. Mix gently till combined.
Step 4: With your hands shape the dough on the counter to form a circle. Then you will slice into 4-8 slices.
Step 5: In a small bowl mix your crumb topping. Then brush with heavy cream, and sprinkle on the crumb topping for scones.
Step 6: Bake as directed, once done, place on cooling rack. Then serve up this easy peach scone recipe.
Grab my Free Kitchen Conversions Printable! This shows you how many cups are in a quart, pint, etc. A great printable to keep handy for when you need to convert a recipe.
Not sure how long do scones last? If you have any of your fresh scones, I recommend storing in the fridge. It will help preserve the fruit longer.
But, you can store the scones on the counter as well. They will last 1-2 days on counter or 3-5 days in the fridge.
Expert Tips and Variations To Recipe
- Make sure to use COLD butter, this is key when making scone dough!
- Not sure how to cut scones? Form the dough into a circle then with the knife create cuts like a pie.
- Try to resist using your hands when working with the dough except to shape. That will melt the cold butter and you want to try to avoid that.
- Make sure to not over-bake the scones, as that will dry them out.
- Feel free to swap the peaches with other fruit.
More Fresh Peach Recipes
Easy Peach Scones Recipe
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- ½ cup butter cold
- 1 cup heavy Cream plus extra for coating
- 1 cup diced peaches fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heavy cream for coating top of scones
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Start by adding your flour, sugar, and baking powder and add to a bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Now you will shave your butter or dice into very small cubes. With a pastry cutter work it into the dough. Then add in the heavy cream to mix it together.
- Once the scone dough is mixed, fold in the diced peaches.
- Place the dough on a flour surface and shape into a ball. This will be the shape of the scones.
- Now in a small bowl add your crumb toppings except the heavy cream. Mix well.
- Brush the scone dough with the heavy cream just enough to coat. Then sprinkle the crumb topping on top of.
- Bake at for 15-20 minutes or until the scones are cooked.