Peach tart with a cookie dough crust is so easy to make! This fresh peach tart will be a perfect recipe to whip up for potlucks, summer cookouts, birthday parties and more. I make this peach tart recipe all year round! It is best with perfectly ripe peaches, but for a peach lover, I can’t box it into just summer months.
When the peach season hits, I have an obsession. That sweet fleshy fruit is not only stunning to look at, but the sweetness is off the charts.
I used a pre-made sugar cookie crust, this made prep incredibly easy. I love making homemade desserts, but on occasion, I love having quick and easy desserts like this in my back pocket. A few minutes of prep, and a bit of cook time and you have a refreshing dessert to serve up.
Can I Use Homemade Sugar Cookie Dough For My Peach Tart
Absolutely! If you have a homemade sugar cookie dough recipe you love, go for it. I am a fan of homemade sugar cookies, but sometimes I just don’t have the time to prep. So buy sugar cookie dough, or make your own.
Do You Cook Peaches For This Cookie Tart
No. This is a fresh peach cookie tart, that you will just wash and slice your peaches. Then lay it out on top of the cookie tart. If you wanted to make a cooked peach compote you could always do that, and spread it on top. I love the fresh fruit, it adds a nice light texture and flavor to the tart.
What Is The Cream Filling For This Tart Recipe
I wanted to create an easy summer tart recipe, so I created a simple cream filling. It is a cream cheese base that has powdered sugar, and almond extract. I love the almond flavoring next to the fresh peaches. It pairs beautifully together.
Can I Use Vanilla Extract In Replace of Almond Extract for Tart Filling
Yes! If you are not a fan of almond extract, reach for vanilla. It will work just as good. I personally love the almond but if you are not sure, vanilla extract will taste great.
Tools Needed For Easy Peach Tart Recipe
What If I Don’t Own A Tart Pan
A pie pan is a great substitute for a tart pan. I get, if you don’t make tarts a lot, a tart pan might not be in your cupboards. Reach for a pie plan and improvise!
How To Make Peach Tart With Cookie Crust
Start by spreading out your cookie dough crust in a greased tart pan. Then bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookie is cooked through. Then place on a cooling rack to allow it to fully cool.
After cooled mix up your filling in a stand mixer, and then spread over the crust. Top with fresh slices of peaches and serve!
Check Out These Other Dessert Recipes
- S’mores Brownies | Get all the flavors of the classic s’ mores dessert but in a brownie form. This recipe is so easy and packed full of incredible flavor.
- No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream | Skip the ice cream maker and give this no-churn recipe a try. Fresh strawberries in every single bite.
- Mini Fruit Tarts | 3 ingredients are all you need for these bite-size mini-tarts. Phyllo crust and fresh berries on top.
- • 1 (16.5 ounce) refrigerated cookie dough (or equivalent homemade cookie dough)
- • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- • ½ cup powdered sugar
- • ¼-1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- • 1 peach, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9-inch tart pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press cookie dough down into the tart pan and up along the sides of the pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookie crust is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Using a stand or handheld mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth, and add in the powdered sugar and almond extract and mix until nicely combined. Spread over the top of the cookie layer.
Cut the peach in half and then slice the peach. Arrange slices around the tart.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 82mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 9g Protein: 2g
How To Store Peach Tart
You will want to place any of the tart you do not eat, in the fridge. Keep in the fridge for 3-5 days. Use your best judgment on terms if the tart has gone bad.
Can You Freeze This Peach Tart Recipe
Because of the cream cheese filling, it won’t freeze that well. It will separate a bit when you go to thaw the tart. It is best made fresh and enjoyed within a few days.
How To Dress Up Your Sugar Cookie Tart
- Fruit | Add other fruit to the top of your tart. You can do fresh berries for added flavor and a pop of color. You could easily transform this into a strawberry tart or even a raspberry tart.
- Nuts | If you like a little crunch, add a few slivered almonds on top. I have made it with nuts and it was a great texture and flavor pairing.
- Honey | I think this sugar cookie tart is sweet enough. But a drizzle of honey over the top adds a gorgeous presentation but also more sweetness to the tart.
We love this tart, and I think you will too! The design of the tart pan really dresses up the sugar cookie crust. Then arrange your peaches onto the tart, slice and serve!