Instant Pot Bread is the easiest way to get that homemade bread without any fuss. Tender and light white bread that is sliceable and great for serving up for dinner.
Instant Pot Bread
This Instant Pot Bread Recipe is so simple and only requires 4 ingredients! No stand or electric mixer required.
I have made this instant pot bread recipe so many times. You will see different pictures, as I have updated my post and recipe, since I first created this recipe!
We LOVE homemade bread in our home. Pair with butter and our day is made. I wanted to try my hand at making bread in Instant Pot and I was pretty impressed with the turnout.
Craving More Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Bread
I have always had trouble making bread using my KitchenAid Stand Mixer. It always seems to overmix and leaves my bread tough and a flop.
So using a bowl and wooden spatula always is the route I take when working with dough for bread.
I had this cooking while I prepped dinner on the stove, and it all turned out perfectly. Baking bread is something that takes trial and error, but this recipe is so simple.
What Flour To Use
I used all-purpose flour, and within no time my Pressure Cooker was saying the bread is ready. You can use bread flour if you would prefer.
Pressure Cooker Bread Recipe
Simple, easy, and a must make recipe. You might have all these ingredients on hand, and ou will love how easy this bread comes together.
What If I Don’t Have Yogurt Setting on Pressure Cooker
If you don’t have the yogurt setting, place a towel over your bread dough, and allow it to rise for around an hour or so on the counter.
This takes a bit longer, but it will still rise the bread dough. Then cook in the Instant Pot as directed.
How to Know Your Yeast Is Proofed
Your yeast when mixed with the water and other ingredients will begin to foam. Generally, this happens within three to five minutes. If you don’t see your yeast is getting bubbly it could mean that your yeast has gone bad or expired.
If your yeast doesn’t bubble up it will not rise and cook properly.
Why Did My Bread Stick To the Pan
Make sure to line with parchment paper or grease your pan. This will help prevent any sticking during the rising of the dough and baking process.
How to Store Leftover Bread
You can leave your bread at room temperature in a sealable bag or airtight container. Your bread will last 4-5 days on the counter, and it will begin to get dry.
Can I Freeze Instant Pot Bread
Yes, you are welcome to freeze your loaf of Instant Pot Bread. Just allow the bread to cool and then wrap in aluminum foil then place in an airtight container or freezer bag. You can store the bread for up to three months in the freezer.
To use, just sit out on the counter and allow to thaw, then slice and serve.
How to Measure Flour Properly
You want to spoon your flour into your measuring cup. Use a knife to use as a straight edge to level off the flour once you scoop it into the measuring cup.
If you don’t measure your flour properly you could end up with a dry over floured dough or even under floured and gooey.
When to Serve Instant Pot Bread
You can serve this for dinner, use to make sandwiches, or a treat to break up the day. This easy bread recipe is mild in flavor and pairs with almost any recipe.
- 1 cup of warm water or milk
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/4 - 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Start by taking your warm water or milk (needs to be 105 degrees) and pour it into a bowl. Add in your sugar and yeast. Stir and let sit for 5-10 minutes. This is where your yeast will bubble. This shows the yeast is activated.
- Now you will slowly add in your flour and salt. Now, you might not use all the flour. You want to work your flour in slowly until it forms a ball that isn't sticky to touch. When you reach that texture, don't add any more flour.
- Take your dough and knead it on a floured surface for about 2 minutes, or until the ball comes together nicely.
- Place your bread in the Instant Pot, and cover with a glass lid. Turn your yogurt setting on low, and do a 30-minute cook.
- After the bread has doubled in size, remove bread dough from Instant Pot and layout on a floured surface. Work the dough a bit more, and form into a ball.
- Place in your parchment-lined or greased pan. You can use a springform pan or even a cake pan. Cover and let rise on the counter for 20 minutes.
- Now take a cup of water and pour it into your Instant Pot, pot. Then add your trivet or a silicone sling and place your aluminum foil covered pan in the pressure cooker.
- Place pressure cooker lid, select 45 minutes high pressure. Then allow it to natural release for 10 minutes. Release off any leftover pressure.
- Now uncover your bread, and then place in oven or use air fryer lid, to broil the top of the bread. It will give it a nice brown color. This takes only 3-5 minutes to get the color you want.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a bit, then slice and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 slices Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 399mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g