Love raw cookie dough? Try out this edible peanut butter cookie dough for your raw cookie dough cravings. This peanut butter cookie dough is made with heat-treated flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and more.
Throw this peanut butter cookie dough recipe together in minutes, grab that spoon, and eat and enjoy right out of the bowl.
If you are a fan of edible cookie dough make sure to try out my edible sugar cookie dough or even this cookies and cream edible cookie dough.
What is edible peanut butter cookie dough?
Edible peanut butter cookie dough is a delicious and easy cookie dough that you eat in raw form. You will use heat-treated flour and there is no egg in this recipe so it is completely safe to eat in edible form.
You will find that this edible cookie dough is not one you can bake into cookies as it will fall flat and not be fluffy cookies like a traditional peanut butter cookie recipe.
Why We Love This Recipe
- This cookie dough is velvety and creamy and bursting with rich peanut butter flavor.
- You get all the flavors of edible cookie dough but without the risk of getting sick from the raw egg and raw flour.
- I added Reese’s Pieces into the cookie dough and it was a nice crunchy texture.
- It takes just a bit to whip up, and you can start eating it by a spoonful. Or roll it into balls and make into bite-size snacking.
All-Purpose Flour (you will cook the flour in the oven to ensure it is safe to eat)
Peanut Butter Chips
How to Make
Full steps on how to make are featured in the printable recipe card. This is a quick walk-through of how it is made.
- Preheat the oven. Then you will spread the flour on a baking sheet into a thin layer. Then bake the flour as directed.
- Once the flour has been heat treated you will remove it from the oven and allow it to fully cool.
- In a mixing bowl add peanut butter, and sugars, and mix until light and fluffy with a hand mixer. This takes 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the flour, milk, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Once there are no streaks, fold in the peanut butter candies, and then eat or refrigerate until it is ready to serve.
Top Tips For Success
- The flour needs to reach an internal temperature of 160°F to kill off any harmful bacteria. That is what you will spread it out on a baking dish and bake it.
- Make sure to allow the flour to cool before mixing in the batter.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer for creaming the butter and sugars.
- I do recommend a creamy peanut butter but you can use a crunchy peanut butter.
Variations to Recipe
- Leave out Reese’s Pieces candies.
- Add in some mini peanut butter chocolate chips.
- Use a gluten-free flour blend for a gluten-free flour cookie dough.
- Mix in some mini chocolate chips or other candies.
Refrigerate this cookie dough in the fridge in a sealed container. The cookie dough will store for around 5-7 days. As it sits in the fridge it will dry out more each day.
You can also freeze this cookie dough by placing it in a freezer container for up to 3 months. When you want to eat place it in the fridge and allow it to thaw overnight in the fridge. Then enjoy by the spoonful!
No, you will find this cookie dough does not bake up properly. As it doesn’t have the leavening agent these peanut butter cookies will not bake up.
You will expect the edible cookie dough to last for around a week in the fridge. It will dry out a bit as it sits, so just be aware of that.
Raw flour is like eggs which it can contain harmful bacteria that if eaten in the raw state you can get sick. Make sure to heat-treat your flour as directed in the recipe card.
More Peanut Butter Recipes
Are you craving more easy dessert ideas check out all of my favorite recipes.
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Blondies
- Easy Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge
Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk or more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Peanut Butter Chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then spread the flour onto a large baking sheet into a thin layer. Bake in a preheated oven for 8 minutes. Make sure to stir half way through.
- Remove the flour from the oven and allow it to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl beat with peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the flour, milk and vanilla and salt. Mix well until combined.
- Fold in the Reese's Pieces candies. And then refrigerate or eat right away.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Leave A Reply!