Whip up a batch of this edible Oreo cookie dough for a delicious edible cookie dough full of Oreo cookies in every bite. This cookies and cream cookie dough is made with heat-treated flour, butter, sugar, vanilla, Oreos, and more. This is an eggless cookie dough recipe that will leave you wanting one more bite.
I also have an edible sugar cookie dough that is another raw cookie dough you can eat by the spoonful. If you have a love of cookie dough this is a sweet treat to make and keep on hand in the fridge or freezer.
This Oreo Cookie Dough Recipe Is…
- Easy recipe you can make in no time.
- No raw eggs are needed.
- You will cook the raw flour to make it safe to eat.
- Homemade edible cookie dough recipe with Oreo cookie pieces.
- Make into cookie dough balls for a easy grab and eat treat.
- Sweet tooth approved.
Try my Oreo banana bread for another Oreo dessert.
All Purpose Flour – You will want cook your flour in the oven to heat treat it. This is going to remove any harmful bacteria from the raw flour.
Butter – Use softened butter for this recipe. I recommend if you use salted butter, then leave out the salt in the recipe.
Granulated Sugar and Brown Sugar – So I used both types of sugar for this recipe. I find it helps to create a richer flavor.
Milk – I used milk to help create the right cookie dough texture.
Vanilla Extract – Use vanilla for getting the perfect sweetness of the dough.
Salt – The salt is needed for balancing out the flavors of the cookie dough.
Oreo – Reach for Oreos for this. Now you can use regular or even a double stuffed Oreo if you will.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make this edible Oreo cookie dough is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a visual walk through on how it is made.
Step One: Preheat Oven and Heat Treat Flour
First, preheat the oven and then spread the flour out on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes.
At the 4 minute mark you will stir the flour a bit, to ensure it heats all the way through.
Step Two: Let Flour Cool
Secondly, let the flour cool completely once it is heat-treated.
Step Three: Cream Ingredients Together
Then in a medium bowl you will cream the butter and granulated sugar and brown sugar together. Mix for 2 minutes to get the mixture fluffy and lighter in color.
Step Four: Mix in Milk and Vanilla
Next you will work in the milk and vanilla. Mix till combined.
Step Five: Add Dry Ingredients
Next add in the flour and salt to the cookie dough. Mix until it is fully mixed through. Make sure to scrape down the sides.
Step Six: Fold In Oreo Cookies
Crumble your Oreo cookies and fold it into the cookie dough batter. Once it is evenly distributed then cover and refrigerate the dough.
Variations to Recipe
- Add in some chocolate chips to the cookie dough.
- Mix in some sprinkles for a colorful pop.
- Add in 1/4 cup peanut butter to the cookie dough.
- Add in 4 ounce softened cream cheese for a cheesecake Oreo cookie dough.
- Use different types of Oreos for this recipe. Mint Oreos, Lemon, etc.
How to Store
Fridge: You will want to refrigerate your cookie dough in an airtight container. Store the cookie dough for 4-7 days in the fridge. Then when you want to eat some grab a spoonful!
Freezer: If you want to freeze place in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 4 months. Just remove the cookie dough from freezer and place in the fridge to allow the raw dough to thaw a bit. Then once thawed eat it.
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
Printable Recipe Card
Oreo Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-6 Oreos chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add parchment paper on a baking sheet. Then spread your flour in a thin layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 4 minutes, and then with a spatula stir the flour a bit. Then bake for another 4 minutes.
- Allow the flour to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl add your butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer and whip until it is creamy for 2-3 minutes. It will become lighter in color and super creamy in texture.
- Next add in the milk and vanilla extract. Mix until it is mixed well.
- Then you will add in the flour and salt, mixing until it is combined. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. You want the mixture to have no streaks of ingredients in it.
- Crumble your Oreo cookies and place in the cookie dough and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate the Oreo cookie dough in the fridge until you want to eat it.
- Hand Mixer