Oreo dessert is a must make no bake Oreo dessert recipe. This heavenly dessert is an Oreo cookie dessert made with Cool Whip, cream cheese, and pudding. A creamy Oreo dessert that is great for your potluck event, weeknight dessert, or even a summer bbq.
This is an layered dessert that has an Oreo cookie crust, creamy Oreo flavored filling and then topped with another Oreo cookie crumble.
I love a good no bake dessert. If you are looking for more tasty no bake desserts try out my no bake peanut butter pie, Nutella no bake cookies, or even this pineapple dream dessert.
This Oreo Dessert Is..
- No bake dessert
- Creamy pudding with crunchy Oreos
- Make ahead friendly dessert
- Great for parties and serving up a crowd
Oreo Cookies – I used a classic Oreo cookie for this recipe. Feel free to use classic, Double Stuffed, etc.
Butter – Real butter is key! Unsalted or salted work.
Pudding – Instant vanilla pudding or cheesecake pudding are both delicious options.
Cream Cheese – Softened cream cheese is a must for this dessert.
Sugar – If you want it to be a bit sweeter add some granulated sugar. Otherwise, leave this out.
Cool Whip – This recipe needs real Cool Whip as it is going to become super creamy.
Milk – Whole milk offers a richer flavor.
Variations to Recipe
- Use any type of Oreo flavors – Oreo mint, lemon, Golden, peanut butter, etc.
- Skip the granulated sugar to lessen the sweetness.
- Change up the flavor of pudding to chocolate pudding for a richer dessert.
- Drizzle with hot fudge, caramel sauce, etc.
How to Make
Full steps on how to make this Oreo dessert is featured at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card. This is a visual walk through on how it is made.
- Start by crushing your Oreo cookies. I placed in a Ziploc bag and used a rolling pin to crush the cookies.
- Pour all but 1/2 cup of cookies in the casserole dish. Melt butter and pour all over the cookies and set aside.
- Start by adding pudding and milk in the bowl and use a hand mixer to whip up till thickened.
- Next add in the cream cheese and sugar. Mix till combined.
- Add in the Cool Whip and then use a spatula to fold it into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into casserole dish on top of the cookies.
- Then top off with the remaining cookies. Then cover and refrigerate for 4 hours until it is set.
Recipe Developer Tips For Success
- Make sure to take time to whip up the pudding until it is thickened. You need to do this to ensure you get it mixed well enough.
- Fold in the Cool Whip to ensure it is not deflating as you mix it up in the dessert.
- Allow your dessert to set up for at least 4 hours before you slice and serve this dessert up.
Refrigerate – You can refrigerate the Oreo pudding dessert in the fridge for 2-3 days. You will find the cookies will soften pretty quickly once it is refrigerated.
You are more than welcome to reach for a different type of cookie for this recipe. I find any sandwich cookie works wonderfully. Feel free to reach for your favorite flavored cookie.
For this dessert you have to use instant pudding. It is going to be the base for mixing up your base for this recipe. Now the flavor you can change up but the instant pudding is a must.
Go right ahead and make up this dessert a day in advance. Now, just leave the cookies on top off the dessert until you are about to serve up this dessert. Then crumble on top right before serving.
More Easy Desserts
Craving more for your sweet tooth? I have some tasty easy dessert recipes you might enjoy.
- Tik Tok Fried Chicken Ice Cream
- Banana Pudding Popsicles
- S’mores Icebox Cake
- Edible Oreo Cookie Dough
- 1 13.2 oz Package of Oreo Cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 8 ounces Cream cheese softened
- 1 8 ounce Tub Cool Whip
- 1 6.9 ounce Cheesecake Instant Pudding
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar optional
- Crush all the Oreo cookies up. I placed cookies in a gallon sealed bag, and used a rolling pin to crush the cookies.
- Place all but about 1/2 cup cookies in the bottom of the 9×13 baking dish. Reserve the rest of the cookies for topping.
- Melt the butter and evenly pour over the cookies. Then set aside.
- In a large bowl add your milk and pudding and mix for 2-3 minutes until the pudding is thickened.
- Then add in the cream cheese and the sugar (which is optional). If you like sweeter desserts add the sugar, otherwise leave it out.
- Once well mixed fold in the Cool Whip with a spatula until well mixed. Then pour the mixture on top of the Oreo cookie crust.
- Top with Oreo cookies and then cover and refrigerate for 4 hour or until set.
- Once done, dish up this decadent Oreo cookie pudding dessert.
- 9×13 pan
- Hand Mixer
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Leave A Reply!