Have you tried banana monkey bread? 6 ingredients are all it takes to make a banana fosters monkey bread. This monkey bread with biscuits is so easy to prep, it is great for breakfast or even a dessert.
If you love banana foster recipes, give this version a try. A Grands monkey bread that is topped with bananas in each slice. Try my banana pecan bread for another banana recipe.
Table of contents
Pull apart monkey bread is one of my favorites. It is so tasty with the bananas and brown sugar teaming up. The perfect amount of sweetness.
Cut a corner and skip homemade dough, and try this monkey bread made with biscuits!
Why You Will Enjoy This Banana Monkey Bread…
- 6 ingredients
- Easy prep
- Great for a crowd or your family
- Can make into banana monkey bread muffins if you want
- Simple breakfast recipe
- Canned Biscuits
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
How to Make
Step 1: Grease your bundt pan, and preheat the oven as directed. Then you will place the sliced banana all over the bottom of the bundt pan.
Step 2: Now in a small bowl add your brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon. Mix well.
Step 3: Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces, and then you will roll the raw biscuit dough in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Repeat until you get all your biscuits in the bundt pan.
Step 4: Melt your butter and then add the remaining cinnamon and sugar mixture stirring often until the sugar is melted.
Step 5: Pour the mixture over the biscuits, and then place in the oven and bake until fully cooked.
Let the monkey bread cool for 5 minutes before flipping it over on a plate to release it from the bundt pan.
If you happen to not eat all this banana foster monkey bread, then store any leftovers in the fridge. Place in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Then just eat it cold, or warm it up in the microwave before serving.
Expert Tips and Variations
- Consider adding some chopped walnuts or pecans to the bottom of the Bundt pan for a bit of a crunch factor.
- Drizzle with a glaze if you would like.
- Leave out the bananas if you want a classic monkey bread recipe.
- You can swap the bananas with other fruit if you would like.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Banana Cranberry Muffins
- Peach Scones
- Acai Bowl
- Churro French Toast
- Soft Boiled Eggs
- Homemade Breakfast Sausage
Banana Monkey Bread Recipe
- 2 Bananas Sliced
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 2 cans 8-count Biscuit Dough
- 1/2 cup Butter
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees, and grease your bundt pan.
- Now, you will slice up your bananas, and place them all over the bottom of the bundt pan.
- In a small bowl add your cinnamon, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix well until combined.
- Slice your canned biscuits into 4 pieces. Then you will dredge your biscuits in the cinnamon and sugar, and place the biscuit dough on top of the bananas.
- Repeat till all the bsicuts are used up.
- In a saucepan melt your butter, and then pour in the remaining sugar mixture you didn’t use. Stir continuously until it melts all the sugar.
- Pour the butter mixture evenly over the biscuits.
- Bake for 35-46 minutes or until your banana monkey bread is fully baked.
- Remove from the oven and allow the monkey bread to cool for 5-10 minutes. Then grab a platter or plate and flip the monkey bread over, and it will release from the pan. Lift up gently.
- Then serve and enjoy.