Banana cinnamon muffins are a delicious banana bread style muffin that has a cinnamon and sugar topping. Bakery style banana muffins with cinnamon. Serve these up for breakfast, brunch, or even a dessert. Moist and fluffy banana muffins.
This recipe is the perfect way to use up ripe bananas you have on hand. I had made my Nilla Wafer banana pudding walking tacos, and had extra bananas on hand. So I whipped up these muffins and they were such a treat. The cinnamon sugar mixture is so delicious on top.
There is something about muffins that always hit the spot. Whether it is a lemon blueberry muffin, cranberry muffins, or a blueberry crunch muffin.
These Banana Muffins Are…
- Made from Scratch
- Easy ripe banana recipe
- Sweet cinnamon sugar topped muffins
- Best banana muffins recipe
Here is all you need for these cinnamon sugar banana muffins! They are simple and you might find you have all the ingredients on hand already.
- All Purpose Flour
- Ripe Bananas
- Granulated Sugar
- Canola or Vegetable Oil
- Baking Soda
Make sure to use ripe bananas. Otherwise, your muffins will lack in flavor. Wait for your bananas to have speckles of brown on the peel.
Use a toothpick to stick in the muffin to make sure it comes out clean of wet batter. Make sure to not overbake the muffins, or it will dry the muffins out.
You can leave off the cinnamon sugar topping if you want. They taste delicious either way, we just prefer the cinnamon and sugar topping.
How to Make
Full steps and directions are in the printable recipe card. This is a visual walk through on how to make these banana bread muffins.
Step One: Start by peeling and place your bananas in a bowl and mash them up. I used my hand mixer to break up the bananas.
Step Two: Next add in the eggs, oil, vanilla, and granulated sugar. Mix to cream the mixture and whip it for 2 minutes on low speed.
Step Three: Next add in the salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Then begin to slowly add in the flour a little at a time incorporating.
Step Four: Once the muffin batter is well mixed, then pour into a lined muffin tin. I filled ours 3/4th the way.
Step Five: Mix up the cinnamon and sugar topping and sprinkle on each of the muffins.
Step Six: Bake in the oven for 17-20 minutes or until fully cooked. Stick a toothpick in the muffin and when it comes out clean of wet batter, they are done.
Let cool a bit then serve with a dollop of butter or plain! These banana cinnamon muffins are so delicious! I hope you and your family enjoy them.
Variations to Recipe
- Add in 1/3 cup of diced up nuts. Pecans or even walnuts would be delicious.
- Stir in 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips for a sweeter muffin.
- Coat fresh blueberries in 1 teaspoon of flour then fold in wet batter and bake.
- Leave off the cinnamon and sugar topping to the muffins.
These cinnamon banana muffins can be stored at room temperature on the counter. Now, if you want to extend the shelf life by a few days consider storing in the refrigerator.
These also can be frozen for easy breakfast muffins for busy mornings. Just bake and allow the cinnamon muffins to fully cool. Place in a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze 2-3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Banana Pudding Popsicles
- Easy Banana Pecan Bread
- Strawberry Banana Cake
- Banana Cream Pie Bites
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars
Banana Cinnamon Muffins
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
Cinnamon And Sugar Mixture Topping
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl add your two bananas and mash them up. You can use a fork or a hand mixer to blend it up.
- Once mashed, add in the egg, vanilla, and granulated sugar and mix well for 2 minutes on low speed.
- Then you will add in the cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly add in your flour mixing a little as you go. Once incorporated pour the banana bread muffin mixture into a paper lined muffin tin.
- Then in a small bowl add your cinnamon and sugar topping and sprinkle a little sugar over each muffin.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until you stick a toothpick in the muffins and there is no wet batter.
- Allow the banana cinnamon muffins to cool a bit then serve and enjoy.
- 1 Muffin Tin
- 1 Hand Mixer optional
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Leave A Reply!