Applesauce pancakes are a homemade pancake recipe that will win you over. Applesauce mixed into the batter and then whip up my cheesecake filling to top your pancakes.
Are you looking for a new breakfast idea for the family? You’re going to love these Applesauce Pancakes with cheesecake filling.
Not only are they still that yummy pancake flavor and texture that we all love and adore, but instead of oil, they’re made using applesauce instead! Let’s not forget about the incredible homemade cheesecake filling!
Also, try my keto chocolate chaffles recipe as well! It is loaded with fresh strawberries and chocolate in every bite.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
Pancakes are always a hit in our house. And it just makes sense. Waking up to the smell of pancakes being cooked is one of the best “morning alarms” ever.
I still think back to when I was a kid and remember having what seemed like a mile-high stack of pancakes in the morning.
I loved eating pancakes made from scratch and knew that this was something that I wanted to carry on doing for my family as well.
Luckily, since I love to cook and find new ways to create foods, we’ve all come to agree that these Applesauce Pancakes are a delicious and fun twist that we totally enjoy.
If you’re looking for a new way to create this tasty breakfast, try this pancake recipe as well!
Try these Waffle and Pancake Recipes Too
How do you make fluffy pancakes from scratch?
The key is in mixing the ingredients. If you’re making your making from scratch and you’re finding that you’re not getting that “fluffiness” that you’re wanting.
There’s a good chance that you’re overmixing your ingredients and it’s causing them to then fall flat.
For your next batch of pancakes, try not mixing as much and see if you notice a difference. The fewer mixes, the more fluff!
How do you make pancakes from scratch?
All you need to make pancakes from scratch is flour, baking soda, eggs, milk, butter, and a handful of other ingredients.
You’ll find that it’s such a simple recipe to make that it might just convert you to a “breakfast for dinner” type person as well. Pancakes for dinner are the best!
What can I use if I don’t have baking powder?
If you don’t have baking powder in your cabinet, don’t stress.
Just substitute out that ingredient and use cream of tartar instead. You won’t even notice a difference in the taste or flavor.
Can You Freeze Leftover Pancakes?
You can! This is why homemade pancakes are a great meal that you can easily make ahead in batches!
Just make certain that you’re not freezing them with the cream cheese mixture inside – you can always add that in once you unthaw them later.
I like to freeze our pancakes in batches of 3-4 so that I can easily unthaw them quickly in the morning.
Flash freeze your pancakes on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Once frozen transfer to container or freezer bag and freeze up to three months.
Best Way to Reheat Pancakes
Pancakes are really simple to reheat as well. You can pop them in the microwave for 15 seconds – 30 seconds and see if they’re ready to eat.
Add a cup of water in the microwave with your pancakes to help keep them moist.
And if you prefer your pancakes to have a bit of a crunch to them, you can always use a toaster as well.
Topping Ideas for Applesauce Pancakes
For me, this is where pancakes can take on a whole new life. Pancake topping options are unlimited. However, you can eat plain or pile on your favorite toppings.
Some simple topping ideas for applesauce pancakes could be:
- Homemade Apple Butter
- Fresh Strawberries
- Powdered Sugar
- Light Glaze and Sprinkles
- Maple Syrup
- Marshmallow Fluff and Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream
And I could probably go on and on for quite some time. As you can tell, the toppings that you add to your pancakes can make it take on a whole new taste.
Eat your pancakes any way you like. Dive in with that fork and enjoy it.
Are you ready to see how we make these delicious Pancakes with cream cheese filling? You’re going to love this recipe!
Applesauce Pancakes with Cheesecake Filling
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk (you can use Almond milk or other substitutes)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Grab a bowl and mix your flour, baking powder, tablespoon of sugar, salt, cinnamon, applesauce, milk, egg and butter together. You don't want want to overmix the pancake batter.
- Now turn on your griddle and let it get nice and hot. You will then want to spray with a cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of pancake batter on the pancake griddle. Cook on the first side until you begin to see air bubbles begin to form.
- Use a spatula to peek at the side to see if it is browning. Then flip it over gently and repeat the cooking.
- Then in a medium sized bowl work on the cheesecake filling. Take your softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and mix until creamy.
- Now place a pancake on a plate and smear some of your cheesecake mixture on top. Then feel free to add another pancake and top with syrup or a dollop of butter.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 626Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 1170mgCarbohydrates: 83gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 12g
The next time that you’re looking for something unique and yummy to make for breakfast, give this simple pancake recipe a try.
It’s a great way to wake up your tummy and your taste buds bright and early in the morning!