Almond apple pie is going to be the talk of your dessert table! This apple pie got an upgrade with almonds in every single bite. Tender apples, crunchy almonds, and a light and flaky pie crust. Apple almond pie is one delightful holiday pie to make.
If you are looking to transform your apple pie recipe, give this version a try. Almond apple pie is unique, and people will be asking for the recipe. It is THAT Good! Try my air fryer stuffed apples.
Almond Apple Pie
I can’t believe that summer is coming to a close and fall is approaching. It has me in the baking mood, that is for sure! Give this homemade almond apple pie recipe a try and let me know what you think.
What Is An Almond Apple Pie Exactly
It is an incredible pie! This apple pie is filled with chopped almonds and whole almonds. So you get that spiced apple flavor from a classic apple pie with loads of nuts. This is a nut lover dream come true! Serve for your holiday dessert, or pair with a big cup of coffee and sip and devour.
What Apples Should I Use for Apple Pie?
Why settle for one variety of apple? Here is a list of apples to pick and choose from. I personally love doing a variety of at least two apples. You will gain so much more flavor in your apple pie. It will stand out in flavor from other apple pie recipes. Here are some popular apples to choose from.
- Granny Smith
- Pink Lady
- Golden Delicious
If you plan to go to an apple orchard this recipe would be perfect for using them up! I have been to an apple orchard a few times and it is always so fun picking apples off a tree.
What Is The Best Crust For Making Homemade Pie
Depending on how busy I am I will either make a homemade crust or buy. When I buy crust I buy the Pillsbury refrigerator dough. I find it is the closest thing to the homemade crust, and is incredibly easy to work with.
I find it in the refrigerator section at the store by the eggs and butter. It is next to the refrigerator cookie doughs and biscuits. But feel free to make your own homemade pie crust if you will.
What is The Most Popular Pie?
Glad you asked! America chose apple as there most popular pie. I was pretty shocked by this, because to be honest pumpkin or peach are my favorite!
If you like this apple almond pie try my other pie recipes
- Sugar Pie | A fun pie that will really win over a crowd. Brown sugar pie is creamy, flavorful, and downright addictive. A classic holiday pie to serve up family and friends.
- Peach Pie | A creamy peach pie made with fresh peaches, is something I never say no to. Give this peach pie a try and serve with whipped cream, sprinkle of cinnamon or scoop of ice cream.
How To Store Apple Almond Pie
If you have leftovers, which is hard! You can store on the counter at room temperature for 2-3 days. Or place in the fridge covered and it will last 3-5 days. I always place my fruit pies in the fridge to maximize the shelf life of the pie.
- 1 9-inch refrigerated pie crust, or your favorite pie crust recipe, uncooked
- • ¾ cup granulated sugar
- • ¼ cup corn starch
- • 3 large eggs
- • ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- • ½ cup dark corn syrup
- • ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- • 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- • 1 cup almonds, some sliced and some whole
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Then do your crust and place it in a pie pan.
- Then in a bowl add your sugar and cornstarch. Then stir in butter, corn syrup and the almond extract. Mix until blended, then add in your cut up apples and almonds.
- Pour into pie pan, and then top with apple shaped pie crust or cut strips and lay over in a lattice design.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the center of the apple pie is set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 589Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 327mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 4gSugar: 40gProtein: 9g