Air Fryer Baked Apples is an easy dessert or breakfast to whip up in a hurry. These baked apples are stuffed with oats, pecans, and a handful of warm spices.
Air Fryer Baked Apples
I grew up eating apples pan cooked in a skillet. That was my dad’s treat he would make me after kindergarten. So making a baked apple that is stuffed with oats and nuts always reminds me of him.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
How To Make Baked Apples In Air Fryer
- To make these stuffed apples, you will first wash and prep your apples.
- You will remove the core of the apple. Make sure to not cut the bottom of the apple. I used a corer and melon scooper to remove the center of the apple.
- Then in a bowl mix up the filling, and spoon into each apple.
- Place in the air fryer and cook until they are tender and cooked through. This takes around 15 minutes.
What Are The Best Apples For Stuffed Baked Apples
I love using Honeycrisp apples. They let off a sweet flavor that adds to the apples. But you are welcome to use other types of baking apples.
You want an apple that can hold up when it is baked. Otherwise, the apple can break down too much and fall apart.
- Granny Smith
Searching for more Apple Recipes
- Almond Apple Pie | Almond Apple Pie carries a crunch along with the warm spices and tender crust in this apple pie recipe.
- Instant Pot Apple Pie Filling | Instant Pot Apple Pie Filling is so easy to make. You will never buy canned filling again.
- Apple Pie Cheesecake In A Jar | No bake apple pie cheesecake in a jar is a must make. These no-bake cheesecakes are loaded with a velvety texture and delicious flavor.
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter | Consider making your own apple butter right in your slow cooker!
Variations to Filling For Air Fryer Apples
- Dried Cranberries
- Caramel Sauce
Feel free to get creative with your apple filling. I LOVE the mixture I made with old fashioned oats, cinnamon, nuts, and more.
You get a similar taste to an apple crisp but in a fun way to serve it up! Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side or a drizzle of caramel sauce for the ultimate apple dessert recipe.
Can I Make These Baked Apples In Oven
Yes! You sure can. Just preheat oven to 350 degrees, and cook for around 15 minutes. Then check and see if you need to cook a bit longer or it is ready to be pulled from the oven.
How To Store Leftover Stuffed Apples
If you have leftover apples you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge. These stuffed apples will last for 3-4 days.
Air Fryer stuffed apples are best when served fresh. But they still taste pretty good leftover. You can eat cold or opt to warm them up in the microwave or oven.
- 2-4 apples (I used Honeycrisp)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Preheat air fryer to 340 degrees.
- Start by washing and prepping your apples. You will want to core the apple and scoop out the center of the apple. Just make sure to not break the bottom of apple, or it will leak and make a mess.
- In a bowl you will mix up your other ingredients and then stuff the mixture into your apples.
- Place apples on the air fryer rack and then cook for 15 minutes. Check apples to see if they are tender.
- If they are not tender then you can cook another 5 minutes or so.
- Serve with granola, dried fruit (like raisins), ice cream, additional melted butter, whipped cream, and/or additional maple syrup.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 6gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g