Pumpkin spice bread that is moist, full of pumpkin spice and topped with a cream cheese frosting. This easy pumpkin bread is an absolute treat. Pumpkin bread is always a go-to pumpkin puree recipe that I make each and every fall season.
Pumpkin Spice Bread
If you are looking for the best pumpkin recipes, I have quite a few that you might fall in love with. I will share all my favorite pumpkin recipes with you below.
Pumpkin Puree Recipes
- Pumpkin Waffles
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Lasagna
- Pumpkin Mousse
- Delicious Pumpkin Soup
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Bars
Do I Have To Add The Cream Cheese Frosting On The Pumpkin Bread
No, you can make this pumpkin bread plain if you don’t want to add on the cream cheese frosting! Either way this recipe is incredible and is my go-to easy pumpkin bread recipe that is tried and true.
Variations For Pumpkin Spice Bread
- Chocolate Chips
- Top or Fold in Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- Add A Scoop of Ice Cream to slice
- White Chocolate Chips
- Do A Classic Icing Drizzle instead of cream cheese frosting
How To Make Homemade Pumpkin Spice Seasoning
For this recipe, you will use the list of ingredients below to replace the pumpkin spice seasoning.
How To Know When Pumpkin Bread Is Done
You will want to take a toothpick and stick it in the center of the bread. If the toothpick after stuck in the center comes out clean that is a good indication that the bread is done. Allow the bread to cool completely on a cooling rack. Once cooled, then you can mix up the frosting and spread over the bread.
How Do You Make A Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla are what you will need to make this cream cheese frosting. The key is using softened cream cheese and softened butter. If you don’t use softened butter and cream cheese, it won’t blend up nicely. Then it will leave it a clumpy mess.
Why Did My Pumpkin Bread Not Rise
One thing to make sure when making any quick bread is making sure baking soda and baking powder when applicable are still good. For this recipe, you use baking soda. To make sure it is still good is take a little soda and pour a dab of vinegar on it. If it bubbles then you are using fresh baking soda. If it doesn’t bubble, you need to toss and buy new.
How To Make The Best Pumpkin Spice Bread
- Pumpkin Puree | Can’t have pumpkin bread without pumpkin. Am I right? Add in that canned pumpkin or even homemade puree and watch it add the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor.
- Pumpkin Spice | To get that bold and zesty spice you want to add in the pumpkin spice seasoning. Homemade or store-bought works great in this recipe. If you want added flavor to add in, even more, it won’t hurt!
- Oil | Using oil in this recipe will add a light texture to the bread without making it feel heavy, plus it makes it extra moist!
- Baking | Make sure to watch the oven. Every oven heats differently so ensure that you don’t overbake the bread, or it will end up dry.
Does Pumpkin Bread With Cream Cheese Frosting Need to Be Refrigerated
Yes, you need to refrigerate this pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting. The cream cheese in the frosting will spoil if left out on the counter. Once the bread has fully cooled, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge. Your bread can last 5-7 days in the fridge.
- 3 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil (or canola oil)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup water
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then you want to spray cooking spray on 2 loaf pans and set aside.
- Then in stand mixer or bowl whip up the pumpkin puree, water, oil, and eggs.
- Once mixed, add in your sugar, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice. Then slowly mix in the flour.
- Once blended, pour into loaf pans and bake 40-60 minutes.
- Then when bread is fully cooled down, whip up the frosting in a bowl and spread over the top of bread.
Cook until you can stick a toothpick in the center of the loaf pan and it comes out clean. Each oven cooks differently so that is why a wide range in cook time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 45mg Sodium: 273mg Carbohydrates: 47g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 30g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
Can You Freeze Pumpkin Bread
You can freeze pumpkin bread. What I recommend is leaving the cream cheese frosting off. But, if you put the cream cheese frosting on, you can freeze, just try not to let aluminum foil place right on top or it will stick.
You can cover in an airtight container and store for up to three months. Slice and freeze or freeze it whole. I have done this with the second loaf and saved it back for later. If you remove from the loaf pans you can wrap in aluminum foil and then place in a freezer bag as well.