A pumpkin mousse that is served in a homemade chocolate cup! Simple and easy no bake pumpkin dessert that is perfect for your fall cravings. Pumpkin spice mousse is velvety smooth and bursting with pumpkin flavor. Add in a homemade chocolate cup, and you have gone to heaven.
I am always on the hunt for easy pumpkin desserts. We love pumpkin in our home, and this pumpkin mousse is at the top of the list. This pumpkin mousse recipe is crazy simple, and a little prep and you have a dessert ready to serve a crowd. Or treat yourself after a hard day of work.
If you don’t want to serve this pumpkin mousse in a chocolate cup, reach for a glass bowl or container. You don’t have to have the chocolate, I just thought it added a fun element to this fall dessert recipe.
Craving more pumpkin recipes
Is This A Pumpkin Spice Mousse
Yes! I use pumpkin spices to mix into the batter to give you that pumpkin spice flavor in this mousse recipe. We love pumpkin spice, it instantly makes me feel nice and cozy. I used a mix of spices but you are welcome to use pumpkin pie spice as well.
Can You Make This A Cheesecake Pumpkin Mousse
Yes. You are welcome to reach for a cheesecake pudding mix to use that to offer a tangy cheesecake twist to the mousse. I opted for vanilla pudding, but feel free to swap it out if you want that tangy and sweet cheesecake flavor paired with the pumpkin and spices.
How To Serve Pumpkin Spice Mousse
You can serve it in these little chocolate cups you can make with a muffin tin, or pour into bowls. Or take a different route and reach for a bigger bowl and use it like a dip. Pair with ginger snap cookies, graham crackers, ladyfingers, and so on for dipping.
How Do You Make the Chocolate Cups for Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
It is so simple. Just use chocolate and Crisco to melt and mix, and then grab a brush and apply the chocolate all over the cupcake liner. Then toss in the fridge and let it set up to harden. Then take a toothpick and start to peel off the cupcake liner! Crazy simple and such a fun presentation value.
I do recommend that you buy quality chocolate for this. Since you will be eating the chocolate you want it to taste good. Reach for milk chocolate, semi-sweet or even white chocolate. It is all about what type of chocolate fits your tastebuds.
Toppings For Pumpkin Mousse
- Chocolate chips or shaved chocolate
- Nuts – Almonds, Pecans, or Walnuts
- Dusting of cocoa
- A drizzle of caramel or chocolate
- Whipped cream
How To Store This No-Bake Pumpkin Dessert
Store your mini mousse cups in the fridge until you are ready to serve. You can keep them in the muffin tin or transfer them into a covered airtight container. Either way keep them in the fridge, until ready to serve. This is a delicate dessert, and if left out at room temperature it will spoil.
- Pumpkin Mousse
- • 1 (3.4 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- • 1 cup 2% milk
- • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- • 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- Chocolate Cups
- • 12 ounces chocolate chips, melted
- • 1 tablespoon Crisco
- • Food safe paint brush or basting brush, ½ to 1 inch brush
- Start by melting our chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler, and then once melted add in your Crisco. Give a good stir.
- Then pour the chocolate into a lined muffin tin, evenly. This makes 12 cups. I added about 1/4 cup full to each muffin tin.
- Use a brush to lift the chocolate into place so it covers the entire muffin tin. Then place in the fridge or leave on counter for it to set up.
- While that is setting up, work on your mousse. In a bowl mix your pudding mix, pumpkin puree, milk, sugar, and spice until smooth.
- In a seperate bowl take your heavy cream and whip on high until it becomes nice and thick. Fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture.
- Put mousse in a piping bag and pipe into the chocolate cups.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 4g
Is Pumpkin Puree The Same as Pumpkin Pie Mix
No. Pumpkin puree is simply pureed pumpkin, where a pumpkin pie mix has other ingredients in it. You need to make sure you use homemade or store-bought puree. Don’t buy the pumpkin pie mix, or it will not turn out.
Can You Freeze Pumpkin Mousse
I have not tried freezing this recipe, but I think it would be okay. Just place in an airtight container or freezer-friendly container and store for up to three months. Then eat directly from freezer frozen, or allow it to thaw and then dive in!
Have you ever made a pumpkin mousse before?