Check out these adorable and easy turkey donuts! These mini donuts are the perfect Thanksgiving donuts! A pumpkin spice donut with fruit loop feathers and candy eyes.
A colorful and fun Thanksgiving breakfast idea that your kids will love. Or turn it into a donut turkey craft that they can make. Then let them gobble it up. These also make a fun Thanksgiving no bake dessert as well.
These Thanksgiving donuts use store bought donuts for a super quick throw together breakfast. Give this Thanksgiving donut a try, and let me know.
Why Your Kids Will Love These Donuts
- All pieces are edible – except the toothpicks. So they can nibble away on all the toppings.
- You can use any flavor of store bought donuts.
- Fun to make, if you want your kids to help.
- Bright and colorful
- Budget friendly
Donuts – Mini donuts are what I used. But you are welcome to do full size donuts too.
Fruit loops – So I used fruit loops for the feathers. Any “o” shaped breakfast cereal works. Cheerios, Apple Jacks, etc. You don’t have to use fruit loops cereal.
Candy Eyes – Find candy eyes in the baking aisle at your grocery store.
Toothpicks – You will use toothpicks to secure the feathers on the mini donuts.
How to Make
Step 1: Grab your ingredients and lay out your donuts. Then with a toothpick string on a few fruit loops.
I did 5 per toothpick, but you can adjust to what fits.
Step 2: Stick each toothpick into the donut on one side. I did 4 toothpicks with cereal per mini donut.
Step 3: Break a red or orange toothpick in half and use that for the beak of the turkey. Press it into the center of the front of donut.
Step 4: Now press on 2 candy eyes.
Serve and enjoy!
Expert Tip: You can use frosting to secure the eyes and nose on. I just pushed them in to get them to stick on donuts.
Feel free to make these donuts a day in advance. Just store in an airtight container on the counter.
These will dry out, so only 24 hours ahead of time. Then carefully plate the turkey themed donuts and enjoy.
Helpful Tips and Variations
- The eyes and nose will come off easily. If you want, use frosting to secure them on or even melted chocolate.
- Use full size donuts if you want. Just add more feathers to the back.
- Feel free to make a rainbow color on each toothpick instead of a single layer of each color.
- You can use white frosting and an upside down mini chocolate chip for eyes instead of candy eyes.
- Use an M&M in replace of Fruit loop beak. Yellow or Orange works great.
More Donut Recipes
- Samoa Donuts
- Homemade Glazed Donuts
- Gingerbread Donuts
- Christmas Donuts
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Nutella Stuffed Donuts
Turkey Donuts For Thanksgiving
- Mini Donuts
- Fruit Loops
- Candy Eyes
- Start by sitting donuts in a single layer. Make as many of these turkey donuts as you want.
- Next, grab a toothpick and add 4-5 Fruit Loops on the toothpick.
- Stick toothpick on the back side on top of the donut. I did 4 toothpicks per donut.
- Then press your candy eyes in the front. Use a little pressure to ensure they stay.
- Break a Fruit Loop in half and use a piece for beak. Press firmly as well.
- Then serve up the mini turkey donuts for breakfast or a snack.
- Make as many turkey donuts as you would like. Only do 1 or do 10, the choice is yours.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
If you try this fruit loop donut, let me know. My son loved the Thanksgiving themed donut, it is tasty and offers a fun fall donut theme.
Leave A Reply!