Whip up this retro dessert Snickers salad that is loaded with Granny Smith tart apples, vanilla pudding, Cool Whip, caramel, and of course chopped Snickers bars. This Snickers apple salad is loaded with sweet and creamy flavors.
Perfect for family gatherings that is made with fresh apples so each bite offers a satisfying crunch. Now this is a dessert salad, also known as a candy bar salad. Try out Watergate salad or ambrosia salad as other easy dessert recipe ideas that are sweet salads.
Great for a church event, potluck, or holiday party. There is never a wrong time to serve up one of our favorite recipes on the blog.
This Snickers Salad Recipe Is…
- Delicious Recipe
- Sweet Salad
- Great For A Special Occasion
- Party Dish
- Great For Apple Season
- Use Up Leftover Candy
- Take To Your Next Potluck
Here is all you need for this Snickers caramel apple salad. Measurements needed are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Granny Smith Apples – Granny Smith apples are very tart, which will compliment all the sweetness in this dessert salad recipe.
Lemon Soda – Lemon lime soda is going to help prevent the diced apples from browning once the are cut and air hits them.
Pudding – Instant vanilla pudding mix is what I used for this. Now you could easily swap to a different flavor.
Milk – If you use whole milk it will add a richer flavor to the creamy salad.
Caramel Sauce – Make homemade caramel sauce or buy your favorite store bought caramel sauce.
Snickers – Snicker candy bars are a must. The chocolate, nougat, nuts, all work perfectly with the apples and creamy base.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make apple Snicker salad is in the printable recipe. This is a visual walk through on how it is made.
Step One: Start by chopping up your apples into bite sized pieces. Then place apples in a bowl with lemon lime soda. This will prevent apples from browning.
Step Two: Next mix up the pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes to get the pudding nice and thick and creamy.
Step Three: Next you will add in the whipped topping, folding it in to combine. Don’t overmix or it will deflate the whipped cream.
Step Four: Drain apples from soda, and place in the pudding mixture. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top.
Step Five: Mix in the Snickers candy bar bite sized pieces. Cover tightly and refrigerate an hour.
Step Six: Right before serving add more caramel sauce on top and serve.
Tips and Variations to Snicker Apple Salad
Here are some simple swaps and tips for success when it comes to this easy dessert recipe.
- Use a cheesecake Instant pudding instead of vanilla.
- Add in 4 ounces of softened cream cheese.
- Green apples are the best apples but you can swap with a red apple of choice. Pink lady or even Honeycrisp apples are great too.
- Dice up apples and candy bars into bite size pieces, to make sure it is easy to eat.
- Toss in some green grapes for another texture of flavor to the salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
More Fall Dessert Ideas
- Cheesecake Stuffed Apples
- Apple Upside Down Cake
- Fried Apples
- Caramel Apple Cookies
- Apple Crescent Rolls
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
- 6 medium Granny Smith Apples cored and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup Lemon Lime Soda
- 1 1/2 cups Snickers chopped
- 1 3.4 ounce Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 16 ounce Cool whip
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Start by dicing up your apples into 1 inch pieces. Then place your diced apples in a bowl, and pour the soda on top. This will help the apples not brown.
- In a large bowl mix your instant pudding and milk together on medium speed. This takes around 2 minutes to thicken up.
- Next fold in the Cool whip, until combined.
- Drain the apples and put in the pudding mixture along with most of the caramel sauce (save some for topping). Toss in Snickers chopped candy bars.
- Mix again until fully combined. Then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Right before serving drizzle with more caramel and dish it up.
- Bowl with Lid
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer