Banana and Nutella collide in this no fuss protein mug cake. It takes literally minutes to make this fluffy and delicious banana flavored mug cake that I topped with a little hazelnut spread. The ultimate indulgent treat that will leave you feeling fueled up and is a great source of protein.
I used this Naked Nutrition Protein Banana Bread Mix. This is a must for all of you looking to increase your protein intake. Each serving has 15 grams of protein and only 5 grams of sugar. This mix is a banana flavor, and it worked perfectly with the hazelnut spread topping. Reminds me of the famous Elvis Presley chocolate and banana pairing.
This Protein Mug Cake Recipe Is…
- High Protein
- Flavor Banana Flavored Cake
- Sweet Tooth Approved
- Simple Ingredients
- Guiltless Treat
- 2 Ingredients Needed
- Cake-like Texture
Protein Banana Bread Mix – This bread mix is a protein powder mixture. You simply mix with water, and cook as directed. This is a great protein mix to have on hand.
Nutella – So I added a small topping of this popular hazelnut spread on top of my cake. Now, you don’t have to do this, but I found it paired great with the banana flavored cake.
How to Make
Learn how to make a protein mug cake in literally minutes. All you need is two ingredients and a little water!
Step One: Start with a microwave-safe mug, and pour your Protein mix into the mug.
Step Two: Next add in the water, and with a whisk or spoon mix well. Make sure to scrape sides and edges as it will clump powder.
Step Three: Microwave as directed, and then once done top with a little hazelnut spread and let it sit for 3-5 minutes. Then enjoy.
Pancake Protein Mix
Naked Nutrition also has Naked Cake which is a way to make protein pancakes, waffles and more all from this mix. This mix has 22 grams of protein and 5 grams of sugar per serving.
You got to try this, I love making waffles with this mix, so fluffy and delicious.
Variations to Recipe
Here are some ways for you to change up this healthy treat that tastes so delicious.
- Pair your protein cakes with a scoop of keto ice cream.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder for a banana chocolate cake.
- Stir in a few dark chocolate chips to add flavor.
- Drizzle your mug cake with a little sugar free maple syrup for a breakfast mug cake.
- Add a dollop of sugar free whipped cream on top.
- Instead of hazelnut spread use sunflower seed butter, peanut butter, or other nut butters for different flavors.
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
Protein Mug Cake
- 1 scoop Naked Nutrition Protein Banana Bread Mix
- 2 ounces water
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutella
- Pour the protein mixture into your mug. And then add in the water and whisk together well.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes. Mine took around 1 minute and 15 seconds. Don't overcook or it can make your cake turn rubbery.
- Remove cake from microwave and top with Nutella. Then let it cool a few minutes and enjoy.
- Microwave Safe Mug