Mexican ranch dressing gives you all the flavors of your favorite ranch with a southwest twist. This Mexican ranch is going to win you over. Drizzle over your weeknight salad, make taco salads loaded with toppings, or dip chips.
Whatever the case, this Mexican salad dressing recipe is crazy simple and bursting with rich flavor. Trust me, give it a try today.
You can whip up this homemade dressing in minutes and have a tasty and flavorful dressing to throw your dish over the top.
This Mexican Ranch Recipe Is…
- Simple to Make
- Made with Herbs and Spices
- Sour Cream and Mayonnaise Based Ranch
- Great for Salads, Dipping Chips, and More
Ingredients You Will Need
- Sour Cream
- Seasonings – Loaded with dill, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and more.
You can always add more or less of spices to enhance the dressing even more to make a flavor stand out.
How to Make Mexican Ranch Dressing
Full directions on this Mexican ranch are in the printable recipe card. This is a quick walk through with images for those who prefer a visual walk through for this Mexican dressing.
Step One: In a bowl you are going to add all your spices and herbs. Then add in the sour cream, mayonnaise, and mix well.
Step Two: If you find the mixture is too thick (it will be thick like dip at this point) add in the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time to reach your desired consistency.
Step Three: Refrigerate the homemade Mexican ranch dressing for at least 1 hour before serving.
How to Make Dip With This Recipe
You will mix all the ingredients in a bowl without the mix. The milk thins it out and makes it a dressing. So just leave the milk out, and you have a dip for chips, veggies, etc. It is a zesty ranch dip!
I do recommend letting it to chill for at least an hour to allow the spices to blend together with the mayo and sour cream.
Place your Mexican zesty dressing in an airtight container in the fridge. You dressing will store for 4-5 days in the fridge. You will want to stir between each use, as it can separate a little bit once you have it sit for a bit.
Due to the dairy in this dressing it will not freeze and thaw well. You will find it curdles once it is thawed from being frozen.
Ways to Use
- Taco Salads
- For A Chicken Wrap Dressing
- Green Salad with Eggs, Bacon, Etc.
- Use to Mix in Pasta Salads
- Dip For Veggies or Tortilla Chips
More Homemade Mixes
Mexican Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- In a bowl you will add your mayonnaise, sour cream, and then add all the spices on top.
- Slowly mix in 2 tablespoons of milk. If the dressing is too thick for your liking add milk by 1 tablespoon increments until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Then store the Mexican ranch dressing in the fridge for 1 hour, before using. This will help flavors to blend together.
How to Make Mexican Dip
- Add all ingredients but the milk in a bowl. Whisk well and then refrigerate the dip.
- You will want to refrigerate the dip for at least 1 hour before serving.