Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole cooks fast! Top with marshmallows and pecans and bake to golden perfection. Spoon up and serve this easy sweet potato casserole recipe.
If you are a fan of sweet potato casserole, it doesn’t get any easier than this Instant Pot holiday side dish recipe. Sweet potato instant pot method cooks in 4 minutes. Just let your pot come to pressure and when you quick release you have tender sweet potatoes waiting for you. If you are looking for another easy Instant Pot recipe try my Pierogi Soup recipe.
Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet potato casserole in Instant pot saves so much time. Granted I did pop this in the oven to toast the marshmallows, but that is totally optional! I was shocked at how fast the potatoes got tenderized in the pressure cooker.
Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole
If you want that holiday side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas or even Easter time, consider my recipe. Creamy sweet potatoes that are seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg, and then topped with pecans and marshmallows that are toasted.
Do You Peel Sweet Potatoes For Sweet Potato Casserole
I did not peel my potatoes for this recipe. If you want to take the extra step and peel go right ahead. But since sweet potatoes have a pretty soft skin they will break down well in the Instant Pot.
I wanted a creamy sweet potato casserole and you can see that is what I got! So feel free to do whatever you need.
How Many Sweet Potatoes Equals 6 Cups
I used 2 larger sweet potatoes to make my 6 cups of sweet potatoes mark. Now if you used smaller sweet potatoes you will want to use more than just 2.
Then just cube up the sweet potatoes trying to cut in similar size so they all cook up about the same.
How Long To Cook Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
4 minutes is all it takes on manual high pressure! Now, take into account you need to allow your Instant Pot to come to pressure. If you don’t then you will be upset you didn’t factor that time in. Normally your Instant Pot will come to pressure within 5-12 minutes. Mine was around 7 minutes for this.
How Do You Toast Marshmallows In Sweet Potato Casserole
I tossed in the oven under the broiler for 2-4 minutes. I just watched it close to give it that golden brown color you know and love with toasted marshmallows.
Can You Freeze Sweet Potato Casserole
Of course, you can freeze this casserole for later. If you are going to do that, what I would recommend is pouring the sweet potato mixture into the casserole and then covering and storing in the freezer. Then when you remove to bake in the oven, top with marshmallows and nuts and then warm it up in the oven covered, and once warm, remove the aluminum foil, then turn to broil to toast marshmallows.
This will freeze for up to three months.
Can I Make Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole Ahead Of Time
Yes, just like freezing assemble the sweet potato mixture in the pan, then top with marshmallows and nuts and cover. Store in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Then warm in the oven covered in aluminum foil. Once warm remove aluminum foil and broil until marshmallows are browned, this will take a minute or two.
How Long Can Sweet Potato Casserole Store In The Fridge
You can store your casserole in the fridge for 3-5 days when it is covered properly. You can warm it up in the microwave or heat in the oven to reheat it.
Looking for More Holiday Recipes to Make
- Double Smoked Ham | Grab your pellet grill and make this double smoked ham. It is the perfect holiday main dish to serve next to your sweet potato casserole.
- Clover Leaf Rolls | A homemade roll that takes just 60 minutes to make. A gorgeous roll to serve up your family and friends.
- Baked Beans | We grew up eating baked beans for all our holidays. Here is an incredible bean casserole recipe to consider.
- Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole | You can’t have a holiday without this traditional holiday side dish. You can even make this in the slow cooker.
- Instant Pot Cranberry | One of my favorite recipes ever. I love homemade cranberry, and this recipe is outstanding.
- Prime Rib | If you want a classic meal do a prime rib. She shares an incredibly easy recipe with a moist and tender result.
- Cranberry Cheese Ball | This cheese ball is so good, and offers a tart, sweet, and savory flavor in every bite.
- 6 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Start by dicing up your sweet potatoes, then set aside.
- In your Instant Pot place your water, sweet potatoes, brown sugar, and butter into the pot. Stir and cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release. Then mash up your sweet potatoes. If there is too much liquid remove some of liquid so it doesn't make your dish too mushy.
- Then turn the instant pot to saute and add in your cornstarch and milk slurry you make by mixing them together.
- Stir in and that will help to thicken your potatoes. Add in your seasonings and pour into the baking dish. 9x9 size.
- Top with marshmallows and pecans and then broil in oven for 2-3 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 servings Serving Size: 1 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g