This galaxy ice cream is out of this world! Swirls of color, strawberry flavor, and tons of sprinkles that will put a smile on anyone’s face. A no-churn galaxy ice cream recipe that is a must make.
Ice cream is my weakness. When I say that I mean it. It is one of my favorite foods. So, making no-churn ice cream was a no-brainer to me. Sweet, creamy ice cream without needing an ice cream machine!
Galaxy Ice Cream
Fun colors, smooth and creamy ice cream, in every single bite. Space ice cream that will take you to a whole new planet as you sink your teeth into this colorful frozen dessert.
The perfect galaxy-themed treat that is perfect for an intergalactic celebration!
Unicorn Ice Cream Or Mermaid Ice Cream
So there was a debate. Do we call this Unicorn Ice Cream, Mermaid ice cream, or Galaxy? My answer.. call it what you will.
It seems to fit all those categories, but most of all, it is tasty. So, name your ice cream to fit your style, and grab those spoons, and dive in.
How To Make Galaxy Ice Cream
To start you want to grab your stand mixer or a hand mixer and whip up that heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks.
Once your cream has stiff peaks, pour in your sweetened condensed milk along with vanilla extract. Make sure to fold it in, so you don’t deflate the whipped cream.
Divide the batter into four bowls. One of the bowls you will add the strawberry frosting. Now add food coloring into each bowl to create all the colors.
Stir them up until combined. The full directions are in the printable recipe card below.
Spoon the ice cream in making sure that you get all the colors mixed in. Then use a wooden skewer and swirl the top around to incorporate the colors.
Add on your galaxy sprinkles, and then cover and freeze for up to six hours or overnight until hardened!
What To Store Homemade Ice Cream In
You can use a bread loaf pan for an easy container. Or you can opt to invest in an ice cream container.
The ice cream containers come with a lid to help prevent ice crystals from forming on your no-churn ice cream. You can also buy single-serve ice cream containers as well.
This is great for say birthday parties, prepping for easy grab and go desserts, etc.
How Long Does It Take To Make No Churn Ice Cream
This ice cream can be whipped up in around 10 minutes. But the hard part is allowing it to set up. This can take 4-6 hours in the freezer, or best to let sit overnight.
This colorful and sweet ice cream is totally worth the wait!
Preventing Ice Crystals On No Churn Ice Cream
Cover your ice cream with plastic wrap before you place the lid on or cover in aluminum foil.
This method of preparing your ice cream will help prevent ice crystals from forming on the top of your ice cream. This works great as well for store bought ice cream as well!
Does No Churn Ice Cream Get Harder As It Freezes
Yes, you will find the consistency of this ice cream is soft when you pour it into your container. But as it freezes it will harden.
The frosting in this recipe makes it a bit softer in texture, so that is why I recommend freezing for 6 hours instead of just 4 like other no churn recipes.
More No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
- Raspberry Cheesecake No Churn Ice Cream
- No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
- Easy Blackberry Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream
How Long Does Galaxy Ice Cream Last
- This ice cream can last for 2-3 months in your freezer.
- Make sure to store it properly, and put in the back of the freezer. This will prevent the temperatures from fluctuating and spoiling your ice cream faster.
- 2 (14 oz) cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 container of strawberry frosting
- Black, pink, teal and purple food coloring (I used Wilton Gel)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Galaxy sprinkles
- Start by pouring your heavy cream into a stand mixer. I have found chilling the bowl helps to speed up the process. (This is my stand mixer)
- Once your heavy cream forms stiff peaks you will now slowly pour in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, and fold it in. Don't overmix as that can flatten the whipped cream.
- Grab 4 different containers to split the ice cream mixture up. Then add the frosting into one bowl with part of the whipped no-churn ice cream.
- Now add drops of food coloring into each bowl. With the strawberry frosting, I did add a few drops to make it more vibrant. Do one bowl black, purple, and a teal blue. Or get creative and make your own mix of colors.
- Spoon drop the colors into your pan, making sure to have a mix. This will give it that multi-color look! Once all the colors are in, use a wooden skewer or knife, and give a swirl to mix colors.
- Sprinkle with galaxy sprinkles, cover well and freeze for up to 6 hours.
- Once ready remove the no churn galaxy ice cream and dish up one sweet and flavorful ice cream.
Using the frosting does make this ice cream softer. You are welcome to skip the frosting if you want a firmer texture, but it does add a lot of flavor to the ice cream!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.