Crockpot S’mores Cake is going to become your favorite crockpot cake recipe. Moist chocolate cake with marshmallows inside. Then topped with marshmallow fluff, chocolate chips, and crumbled graham crackers.
Crockpot S’mores Cake
This smores cake is one of my favorites! Or if you are wanting a no-bake recipe, try my no-bake smores pie!
Anything with golden graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate have me saying yes! Also, grab your air fryer and do these Air Fryer S’mores!
- Chocolate Cake Mix ( I used Devil’s Food)
- All-purpose Flour
- Eggs and Water
- Granulated Sugar
- Sour Cream
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Chocolate Chips
- Graham Crackers
How To Make
Step 1: In a bowl, you will mix your water, eggs, and sour cream until it is combined.
Step 2: Slowly mix in your flour and your sugar. Once it begins to get incorporated, pour in your cake mix.
Step 3: Now pour in your mini marshmallows or diced up larger marshmallows and stir into the batter. Pour your mixture into your greased crockpot!
Step 4: Cover and cook accordingly to the printable recipe card listed below.
Step 5: Once your cake is done, pour your marshmallow fluff on top and spread around then add on all your toppings!
Full directions and measurements for this crockpot smores cake is in the recipe card below.
How To Serve This Cake
Add a dollop of whipped cream or do like I did with some vanilla ice cream. This crockpot cake is even great alone with nothing else.
Moist, fluffy, and loaded with flavor in every single bite. A crave-worthy dessert that is totally hands-off.
Want More Easy Desserts
Can I Make This Cake In The Oven
Yes, you sure can. Pour into a 9×13 pan and bake in the oven till the cake is fully cooked. You can follow the directions on the back of the box of cake. If you want skip the extra sugar and flour and sour cream.
Then when the cake is done, top with marshmallow fluffy, and top with your toppings and then serve it up. A slow cooker smores cake recipe that can easily be made in your oven if you prefer.
How To Store This Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake
Personally, I store this slow cooker chocolate cake in the fridge. I find it stores the best that way. The graham crackers will soften up a bit as it cools, but you can always add them on top of the cake right before serving.
Variations to S’mores Cake Recipe
- Opt for peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips
- Drizzle with hot fudge or even caramel sauce
- Mix in some of the chocolate chips into the cake batter if you want
- Top with nuts
- Do a completely homemade cake instead of box cake plus add-ins.
- Swap sour cream with plain Greek yogurt
There are many ways to transform this cake recipe to fit exactly what you want or need.
Can I Toast The Marshmallows
Absolutely! You can get a kitchen torch and go that route or toss in the oven on broil with just your crock to get it nice and toasted.
Once marshmallows are toasted, sprinkle on chocolate chips and top with graham cracker crumbs.
Does This Cake Freeze
You can freeze this cake. I recommend leaving off the marshmallows and the graham crackers as the texture will change once it thaws from being frozen.
Store in the proper container and then freezer for 2-3 months.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (15.25 oz) I used Devil's Food
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups marshmallows (I used large ones that I cut into 4 slices each)
- 1 jar marshmallow creme or fluff (7 ounces)
- 1/2- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 4 whole graham crackers broken up
- Spray your crockpot with cooking spray and set aside.
- Then in a bowl add your water, eggs, sour cream, and mix well.
- Now you will add in your all-purpose flour and granulated sugar. Start to incorporate, then pour in your cake mix.
- Whip up the batter till it is well combined, then pour in 1 cup of marshmallows, and fold into the batter.
- Cover your slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until your cake is cooked through. Stick a toothpick in and if it comes out clean the cake is done.
- Take your marshmallow fluff and heat in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. Stir and then pour over the cake.
- Top with chocolate chips, rest of marshmallows, and crushed up graham crackers.
- Spoon your crockpot smores cake into a bowl and top with ice cream and serve up this incredible crockpot dessert.
All slow cookers cook slightly differently so the time will vary on how long to cook the crockpot cake. Use the toothpick test as mentioned above.
If you want to toast the marshmallows on top, use the torch then top with chocolate chips and graham crackers.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.