Tequila and orange juice are the perfect combo for this Mexican screwdriver recipe. A cocktail with orange juice, tequila, and a cup lined with corn syrup and Margarita salt. Sip away and enjoy this refreshing tequila cocktail.
Or elevate this drink by adding in a splash of grenadine syrup for a Tequila sunrise drink. Either way, the margarita salt on the rim of this cocktail gives the drink a whole new level of tasty flavors.
A classic screwdriver recipe elevated a few notches is how I explain this refreshing orange juice cocktail.
This Tequila And Orange Juice Cocktail Is…
- Made with simple ingredients
- Takes just 2-3 minutes to make
- Sweet, Salty, Tangy
- Delicious and Refreshing
- Made with Tequila
Ingredients You Need
Lime and Orange Slices (optional)
Variations To Recipe
- Leave off the corn syrup and margarita salt for a more classic screwdriver.
- Add around 3/4 ounce of grenadine once the cocktail is made. It will sink to the bottom and then you can lightly stir to create a mix of color.
- Garnish with maraschino cherry, lime and orange wedges if you want, or leave it bare.
- Blend it to create a slush-style tequila drink instead of iced.
How to Make
Full directions for this oj tequila recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of post.
Step One: Coat the rim of the glass with corn syrup. Once you have it coated, then dip the glass in the margarita salt.
Step Two: Next, add in the ice. Then pour in your Tequila.
Step Three: Top your cocktail with orange juice, and then garnish as you would like.
Sip and enjoy this delicious orange tequila recipe.
How To Make Orange Juice
Elevate the flavor of your tequila and oj drink, with fresh squeezed orange juice. Here is how to easily make your own oj.
I have an older citrus juicer that you cut your orange in half. Then place one part of the orange on the juicer and twist the orange releasing the juice.
If you want leave out the pulp or add the pulp in if you enjoy pulp. You can also buy an electric juicer if you want to spend the money on it.
This homemade orange juice is optional, but store bought works just as good.
More Cocktail Recipes
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
- 2 ounces of Tequila
- 4 ounces of Orange Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Corn Syrup
- Margarita Salt
- Orange, lime, and maraschino cherry (optional)
- Start by taking your glass and coat the top of the glass in corn syrup.
- Then you will press the cup into margarita salt to coat the rim of the glass.
- Now add in your ice, fill around 3/4th the way full.
- Pour in your tequila, and top the rest of the glass with prange juice.
- Add your orange slices, lime slices, and a cherry on a toothpick and garnish your tequila and orange juice drink.
- For a Tequila Sunrise add in 3/4th ounce of grenadine syrup at the end, and lightly stir.
Serving: Make and serve right away. This is a cocktail that will melt and water down if you make in advance.
Juice: You can use orange juice or even add grapefruit juice or pineapple for a twist of flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1013mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 6gSugar: 48gProtein: 3g