Steak fajitas were what was on our dinner table last night. This steak fajita recipe is one that I have used for years. Tried and true tasty beef fajitas that you pan sear.
We love Mexican food in our home, and this recipe for fajitas is one that reminds me of what we get at our local Mexican restaurant. Skip takeout and make homemade fajitas!
This is the best steak fajita marinade. If you have steak give this steak recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Let me share how to make restaurant-quality steak fajitas at home. Great for serving up your family or guests! Pair with your favorite sides and fixings.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
What Steak Do You Use For Fajitas
I used ribeye steaks for my beef in the recipe. You are welcome to reach for other cuts of beef like flat iron steaks, KC Strips, etc.
The key is buying steak that has a nice marble to it. This will help the fat cook down and flavor the meat. The steak marinade will help to tenderize the meat.
What Goes With Fajitas
- Sour Cream
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
For me, fajitas are a meal in one. I serve up our favorite toppings, pile in a warm tortilla and dinner is served!
How Do You Cut Steak For Fajitas
Fajita meat is so easy to prepare. I slice my steak into strips and then create a fajita marinade that will help to tenderize and season the steak.
How Do You Use A Fajita Skillet
You can buy a fajita skillet to use or any regular skillet will work. Add in some oil and let it get hot.
I put my marinated steak in and let it start to cook. Then I will toss in the peppers and onions. We like our peppers in onions a little crunchy so I wait to toss it in till the steak is close to done.
Ingredients For Steak Fajitas
- Kosher Salt
- Chili Powder
How To Make Steak Fajitas
- You want to slice and prep your steak. Then mix up your marinade and pour it into a bag or container.
- Let your steak sit for 30 minutes to an hour, and then heat a skillet up with oil and dump in your meat.
- Sear the steak and then once it gets closer to being done toss in your sliced peppers and onions.
- Once the steak is done and peppers and onions are to the texture you want, serve with warm tortillas.
Want more Tasty Dinner Ideas
- Instant Pot Beef Pot Pie | You will cook the meat filling in the Instant Pot, and then top with puff pastry and bake in the oven.
- Enchilada Pasta | Love Enchiladas? Try this pasta recipe that is loaded with ground beef, cheese and more.
- 28+ Slow Cooker Recipes | Check out this nice list of dinner ideas. Lots of slow cooker recipes.
- Beef Tips and Gravy | One incredible dinner idea that is loaded with rich brown gravy, tender beef, mushrooms and served over mashed potatoes.
How To Store Leftover Fajitas
If you have leftover fajitas simply place in an airtight container. You will want to store it for only up to 2-3 days.
Fajitas are best when served fresh. The vegetables will soften a little bit more as they sit in the fridge.
- 2 steaks (I used Ribeye Steaks)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice + more for topping
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 Medium Onion Peeled and sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 Red Pepper Sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil + 1 tablespoon oil (for pan)
- Slice your steak up into thin strips and place them in a bag or container.
- Now you want to add your cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, lime juice, sugar, and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Massage the bag to get the marinade mixed in with the meat. Place the marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- In a skillet put 1 tablespoon of oil and get the skillet hot. Then toss in your steak and cook until it is almost cooked through.
- Toss in your sliced peppers and onions. Cook until the veggies are tender and to your liking.
- Serve with warm tortillas and drizzle with fresh lime juice and toppings.
You can use the steak marinade for up to 6 hours in the fridge. If you go over that they will become very strong in flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 tortillas
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 307mg Carbohydrates: 8g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 20g