Shrimp Avocado Salad can be tossed together in minutes, and ready to serve up for a healthy shrimp salad recipe. If you have wondered how to make shrimp salad, I have a cold shrimp salad that might fit exactly what you want.
I am an Amazon affiliate so if you purchase through my affiliate link I can earn commission on sales.
A homemade dressing really helps elevate the flavor in this shrimp avocado salad. If you crave seafood, then whip this up and let me know what you think.
Shrimp Avocado Salad
Avocado tomatoes and shrimp are a triple threat when it comes to flavor combinations. Use cooked shrimp that has been peeled and all you do is toss into a large bowl, whip up the sauce, drizzle over and stir. Eat as is or even toss of a bed of leafy greens or spinach leaves.
What is In Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Shrimp (can be canned shrimp, cold pre-cooked shrimp)
- Olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing
How To Make Shrimp Salad
Start by prepping your onion, tomatoes, and avocado, and toss in a bowl. Then add in your diced shrimp. Now grab a new bowl and add in your dressing ingredients, mix well and then pour over mixture, and add drained chickpeas and dive in.
Can I Used Canned Shrimp for This Shrimp Salad
Yes, you can use canned shrimp for this shrimp salad. You just want to have cooked shrimp that has been peeled and is ready to eat. So the canned shrimp works great if you like the flavor. Otherwise, reach for cocktail peeled shrimp, and dice it up into bite-size pieces.
Searching for More Shrimp Recipes
- Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes | A hearty pasta dish that is loaded with a creamy white sauce, tender shrimp, and sun-dried tomatoes. This is the ultimate dinner recipe.
- Mexican Shrimp Guacamole Bites | A fun appetizer that is going to tickle your tastebuds with flavor. A quick and easy appetizer to serve up guests.
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Shrimp | Grab your Instant Pot and whip up this pasta and shrimp dinner that is loaded with citrus flavor.
- Baked Coconut Shrimp | Here you can make shrimp right in the oven, with a crispy and sweet coating. One of my favorite shrimp recipes.
- Instant Pot Hibachi Shrimp and Steak | Talk about an incredible recipe. This is loaded with steak and shrimp in every single bite.
Ways To Serve Cold Shrimp Salad
- I served it with chickpeas for a protein-packed option, and added fiber. Feel free to peel your chickpeas if you prefer, if you struggle eating them with shell on.
- Serve over a bed of spinach leaves or chopped lettuce or Arugala. Then drizzle the dressing over the top and dive in.
- Eat alone and skip the chickpeas for a low carb and keto-friendly shrimp salad recipe.
You can skip the chickpeas or even skip the dressing and do salt and pepper. Either way, it is fantastic. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 703Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 41gCholesterol: 275mgSodium: 1346mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 10gSugar: 8gProtein: 30g
You can skip the chickpeas or even skip the dressing and do salt and pepper. Either way, it is fantastic.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.