Here is a super quick and easy Buffalo chicken meatballs recipe that comes together in a flash. Frozen chicken meatballs smothered in a Buffalo sauce and cooked to perfection. Add a toothpick and you have a simple party food to serve up. Give this Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs recipe a try.
Buffalo meatballs are so delicious and you can pair with ranch dressing or even blue cheese dressing for dipping. Add some celery sticks on the side and you got a meatball appetizer that was effortless to make.
Now if you love homemade meatballs go right ahead! I wanted quick and easy so I reached for frozen. But either will work.
Why This Recipe Is A Hit
Easy – This spicy meatballs recipe is so easy to throw together! Then when done serve in a bowl or add toothpicks and place on a tray for serving.
Cooking method – I made Instant Pot meatballs but in the recipe card at the bottom of the post I walk you through other cooking methods.
4 Ingredients – All you need are 4 ingredients to make these Buffalo chicken balls. If you choose to garnish then you will need extra ingredients.
Budget Friendly – This dish is affordable to make if you are planning to serve it up to a crowd as an appetizer!
Different Ways to Serve Up
Here are some different ways to serve up this meatball recipe.
- As an appetizer! Stick a toothpick on or place in a bowl for guests to dish up.
- Make sliders! Place one meatball on a slider bun, add cheese if you want and a splash of ranch and serve up slider sandwiches.
- Make a Buffalo chicken meatball sub sandwich for dinner or even a lunch. Toast your hoagie, toss in meatballs, top with all your favorite toppings and sauce.
Meatballs – I used chicken meatballs that were frozen. Now, you can use any kind of meatballs you would like. Even homemade if you prefer.
Buffalo Sauce – Reach for your favorite brand of Buffalo sauce. You control the heat so go all out and do spicy or buy a mild Buffalo sauce!
Butter – I prefer real butter not margarine.
Ranch Dressing – Reach for any brand you enjoy.
Garnish – Garnishes are optional. We topped ours with blue cheese and green onions.
How to Make
Full directions for this recipe are in the printable recipe card, featured at the bottom of the post.
Step 1: The first step is adding your butter, water, ranch and buffalo sauce into the Instant Pot. Mix to combine ingredients.
Step 2: Next you will top with your frozen meatballs. Toss to coat.
Step 3: Place lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Pressure cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
Step 4: When done do a quick release, then toss the meatballs to ensure fully coated.
Then you can serve up how you would like!
If you don’t eat all your Frank’s buffalo meatballs then store any leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. Then serve and enjoy like you did night one.
Tips and Variations to Recipe
- You can use any style of meatballs – it doesn’t have to be chicken. This recipe will taste great even with beef meatballs.
- You can use spicy or mild buffalo sauce.
- The blue cheese topping is optional, you can skip that if you are not a fan of blue cheese dressing.
- You can cook on the stovetop or even the crock pot I share directions for both methods in the recipe card.
- Air Fryer Ravioli
- Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Sausage Balls
- Bacon Cheese Ball
- Beer Cheese Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 1-2 pounds Chicken Meatballs, Frozen
- 1 cup Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing, plus additional for serving
- 1/4 cup water
- Toppings: Green Onions, sliced, optional for serving
- Start by adding your buffalo sauce, water, ranch and butter in the pressure cooker. Mix up the mixture.
- Top with the frozen chicken meatballs, toss to coat the meatballs.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and place the valve to sealing. Pressure cook manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once the time is up do a quick release of pressure. Stir the meatballs.
- If the sauce is too thin at this time, you can turn the saute mode on and let it heat for a few minutes to thicken the sauce. Just stir occasionally or it will burn.
- Once thickened to your liking serve with blue cheese crumbled, green onions, drizzle with ranch, etc.
Slow Cooker - Add the meatballs, butter, ranch and buffalo sauce in the slow cooker. Toss to coat and then place the lid on. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours. You will not need the water.
Stovetop - Add the ingredients excluding water in a pot on the stove. Cook until the mixture is thickened and begins to boil. Turn to simmer stirring occasionally, and let cook for 30 minutes. Then dish up the meatballs.
Ways to Serve - Place on toothpicks for an appetizer or even in a bowl with spoon to dish up. You can also make sliders with slider buns, or a buffalo chicken hoagie sandwich for a dinner option.
Storage - You can store leftovers for up to 3 days in the fridge. Then reheat as you would like.
Meatballs - If you can't find chicken meatballs or prefer beef or pork go ahead and swap. They don't have to be chicken.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 44 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.
Let me know how you like these Instant Pot buffalo chicken meatballs! Comment below.