Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies are the ultimate cake mix cookie recipe. This recipe adds in Easter M&M’s for an easy Easter cookie recipe.
This funfetti cookie recipe is crazy easy, and fun for kids to toss an apron on to help! Bright, colorful tasty spring cookies that are great to brighten your day, or serve at Easter. These do make a great cake mix Easter cookies recipe!
Do you love cooking with cake mixes? Here are a few of my favorite cake mix recipes! Try all of these cake mix cookie recipes, I created a huge list! Also try out my popular rainbow jello cake!
Table of contents
What Do You Need To Make Funfetti Cake Cookies
- Funfetti Cake Mix
- White Chocolate Chips
- Easter M&M’s
How To Make
Step 1: Start by making your funfetti cake mix batter. Add in your M&M’s sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
Step 2: Place on a Silpat lined pan, and bake according to the directions in the printable card below.
Step 3: You don’t have to add in the M&M’s if you can’t find the spring Easter ones. Feel free leave them out and bake as directed.
How To Know When Cookies Are Done
Take a toothpick and stick into the cookies, and if it comes out clean the cookies are done.
Don’t overcook the cookies or they will become dry and overcooked. So keep an eye on the time and how long you bake them.
Craving More Spring and Easter Dessert Recipes
How To Store Cookies
Room Temperature: You can store your cookies on the counter at room temperature. They will need to be placed in an airtight container or sealable bag.
These cookies are best eaten within the first 3 days, they will then dry out. You can find that these cookies will stay good for 5-7 days.
Freezing: These cookies freeze really well. Just allow them to fully cool and then place in a freezer bag or airtight container and store for up to three months.
Thaw on the counter for a quick thaw. Or toss in the microwave for a quick thaw if you would like.
- Change up the type of cake mix you use.
- Use any color of M&M’s for this cookie recipe.
- Swap M&M’s with Reese’s Pieces.
- Buy festive sprinkles to match whatever holiday or event you want to serve them up.
- Add in some vanilla or almond extract to enhance the cookies even more.
Absolutely! Feel free to add in another type of cookie mix. I wanted these to be funfetti but feel free to reach for your favorite cookie flavor to make a cake mix cookie.
You can substitute butter for vegetable oil when it comes to making cookies. Use melted butter, and just know that it is going to alter the texture a bit. I do recommend using unsalted butter.
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
Printable Recipe Card
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 Box Confetti Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons nonpareils sprinkles
- 1/2 cup Easter M&M’s
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Then in a bowl or stand mixer add your cake mix, oil, and eggs. You will want to stir until fully mixed.
- The batter will be thick and sticky, it won’t be like a classic cake mix batter. Now add in your white chocolate chips, Easter M&M’s and then nonpareil sprinkles.
- Fold in the chips and M&M’s.
- Now grab a cookie scoop and scoop up the cookies and leave around 2 inches apart.
- Take extra M&M’s and chocolate chips and press into the top of the cookies to add a fun look to your baked cookies. This is optional.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the cookies fully cooked and lightly golden brown on top.
- Take out and let these Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies cool and then enjoy a tasty dessert that was so simple to make.
- Hand Mixer
- Cooking Scoop
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Leave A Reply!