Dirt cake cookies are a twist to a classic dirt cake. Fudge brownie cookie topped with hot fudge, cookie crumbles and the iconic gummy worm. These gummy worm cookies are always a hit! So don’t wait and try these easy dirt cookies today.
I used boxed brownie mix that gets doctored up to form these chewy, chocolate flavored cookies. The perfect base to these dirt cookies.
These Dirt Cake Cookies Are..
- Made with boxed brownie mix
- Easy to make
- Great for parties or entertaining
- Kid friendly dessert
Brownie Mix – Reach for a plain brownie mix, any brand works. I recommend no nuts or other mix in ingredients as it will affect the brownie cookie.
Flour, Egg, – Yoi will mix in these ingredients to the brownie batter.
Hot Fudge – So I used jarred hot fudge. But you are more than welcome to swap with a chocolate frosting if you prefer.
Crumble Topping – You can take Oreo cookies and crumble up or use a brownie cookie to crumble and do the same.
Gummy worm – A gummy worm cookie sounds strange to some but it is so cute on the cookies. It makes the cookies look like dirt and a worm moving around.
Modifications To Recipe
- Use any chocolate cookie recipe in replace of brownie cookie.
- Instead of hot fudge you can use whipped cream, chocolate frosting, etc.
- Add more than one gummy worm if you want, thru are so fun!
- You can take a cookie and crumble it up, or reach for crushed Oreo cookies for a more traditional Oreo cookie dirt cake.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make these brownie dirt cake cookies are in the printable recipe card below. This is a visual walk through.
Step One: Start by making your brownie cookie batter. Add ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
Step Two: Use a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake as directed.
Step Three: As the cookies have cooled, top with a scoop of hot fudge, and crumble cookies on top. Add a gummy worm and you have a dirt cookie!
These are a Crumbl dirt cake cookies inspired, but of course with a brownie twist. Since this is a hot fudge topped cookie you can store at room temperature. Now, if you use a cream cheese or buttercream chocolate frosting, then you will want to refrigerate the cookies.
Tips For Success
- I used a 3 tablespoon scoop, but you can use smaller cookie scoop if you need. If you do a smaller cookie just make sure that you don’t cook them as long.
- The cookies need to fully cool, or the hot fudge will melt down all over the cookies.
- To crush cookies you can crumble in hand or place in a bag with rolling pin to crush. Then crumble on top of the hot fudge.
More Chocolate Desserts
Brownie Dirt Cake Cookies
- 1 box of brownies 18 ounces
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour scooped and leveled
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup hot fudge sauce
- 12-14 gummy worms
- 5 Oreo cookies for crumbles or use 1 brownie cookie to crumble up
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl you will add your brownie mix, flour, eggs, oil, and mix well to combine. Once the brownie mix is formed, grab your cookie scoop.
- I used a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop to make larger cookies. Spoon the brownie batter cookie dough on pan, leaving a few inches between each cookie.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until the brownie cookies are fully cooked. Allow the cookies to fully cool.
- Then add around a tablespoon of hot fudge on top of each brownie cookie, and then top with a crumbled cookie. You can crumble up one of the cookies or crush up Oreo cookies.
- Top the cookie with a gummy worm. Then you have dirt cake cookies that are so easy, and fun.