Zucchini fritters are a must make this summer. A simple zucchini side dish or appetizer that is quick to throw together. Plus, you can sneak in some extra veggies. Give this zucchini fritters recipe a try today.
Do you like zucchini? I sure love it, whether it is served up as a dessert or in a savory recipe. This fritters recipe is one that makes for a great side dish to dinner, or an appetizer.
Table of contents
I share directions on how to air fry zucchini fritters, bake, and pan fry. You will be able to choose how you serve up these shredded zucchini fritters.
Why I love this zucchini fritters recipe…
- Easy to make
- Simple everyday ingredients
- Bake, air fry, or pan fry them
- Dip in ranch dressing or any other favorite dipping sauce
- Great way to use up your summer produce
- Great as a zucchini appetizer or side dish
Ingredients Needed For Recipe
- Parmesan Cheese
- Baking Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Green Onions
How to Make
Step 1: Start by grating your zucchini and then place it in a strainer. Sprinkle the zucchini liberally with salt, and then toss to make sure all the zucchini is coated.
Step 2: Place a bowl under the strainer and let the zucchini sit for 20 minutes. This will draw out a lot of excess liquid.
Step 3: Once the zucchini is done, squeeze zucchini in a cheese cloth or paper towel to remove excess liquid. Then place zucchini in a fresh bowl.
Step 4: Add the egg, flour, 1 green onion diced, garlic power, baking powder, and cheese. Mix till combined.
Step 5: Then you will air fry at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, then flip, and cook another 5-10 minutes. Or until done.
For pan frying, heat oil to 350-375 and then fry for 2-3 minutes per side. Baking you will want to do 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then flip, and repeat cooking till fully cooked.
Step 6: Once the fritters are done, top with sour cream, green onions, or dip in ranch.
You will need to store these in the refrigerator. The fritters will become softer in texture once they have cooled down. But you can store them for 2-3 days.
Then you will want to warm them up in the oven or air fryer.
Expert Tips and Variations
- You need to allow your zucchini to remove the excess liquid or the fritters will fall apart.
- You can add in drained canned corn, or fresh corn on the cob.
- Change up the spices and herbs to alter the flavor.
- Spritz the fritters with cooking oil to help the fritters brown up if you air fry or bake.
- Baked zucchini fritters and air fryer zucchini fritters are healthier as ou won’t have the excess oil of frying.
What to do with zucchini
- Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips
- Zucchini Cornbread
- Ground beef and zucchini skillet dinner
- Zucchini tomato casserole
- Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Boats
Zucchini Fritters Recipe
- 2 medium zucchini shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions diced
- Start by grating your zucchini, and then place it in a strainer. Sprinkle liberally with salt, and stir the zucchini around. Allow the zucchini to drain off excess liquid.
- Place a bowl under the zucchini to catch the liquid.
- Once the zucchini has sat for 20 minutes, squeeze the zucchini with a paper towel to remove any extra liquid. Or use a cheesecloth.
- Then place zucchini in a bowl, add the egg, flour, parmesan cheese, and baking powder, 1 green onion, and garlic powder. Stir till mixed.
- Form patties, and then place in a preheated 375 degree air fryer. Cook for 10 minutes and flip. Air fryer for another 5-10 minutes or until the fritters are golden brown and fully cooked.
- Remove zucchini fritters, then top with sour cream and the remaining green onions. Or dip in ranch dressing.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Comments & Reviews
Wow! I got to try this asap! I have had fried zucchini before but never as a fritter! These sound amazing!