Zucchini fritters are a must make this summer. A simple zucchini side dish or appetizer that is quick to throw together. Plus, you can sneak in some extra veggies. Give this zucchini fritters recipe a try today.
Do you like zucchini? I sure love it, whether it is served up as a dessert or in a savory recipe. This fritters recipe is one that makes for a great side dish to dinner, or an appetizer.
Table of contents
I share directions on how to air fry zucchini fritters, bake, and pan fry. You will be able to choose how you serve up these shredded zucchini fritters.
Why I love this zucchini fritters recipe…
- Easy to make
- Simple everyday ingredients
- Bake, air fry, or pan fry them
- Dip in ranch dressing or any other favorite dipping sauce
- Great way to use up your summer produce
- Great as a zucchini appetizer or side dish
Ingredients Needed For Recipe
- Parmesan Cheese
- Baking Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Green Onions
How to Make
Full directions and measurements for this recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: Start by grating your zucchini and then place it in a strainer. Sprinkle the zucchini liberally with salt, and then toss to make sure all the zucchini is coated.
Step 2: Place a bowl under the strainer and let the zucchini sit for 20 minutes. This will draw out a lot of excess liquid.
Step 3: Once the zucchini is done, squeeze zucchini in a cheese cloth or paper towel to remove excess liquid. Then place zucchini in a fresh bowl.
Step 4: Add the egg, flour, 1 green onion diced, garlic power, baking powder, and cheese. Mix till combined.
Step 5: Then you will air fry at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, then flip, and cook another 5-10 minutes. Or until done.
For pan frying, heat oil to 350-375 and then fry for 2-3 minutes per side. Baking you will want to do 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then flip, and repeat cooking till fully cooked.
Step 6: Once the fritters are done, top with sour cream, green onions, or dip in ranch.
You will need to store these in the refrigerator. The fritters will become softer in texture once they have cooled down. But you can store them for 2-3 days.
Then you will want to warm them up in the oven or air fryer.
Expert Tips and Variations
- You need to allow your zucchini to remove the excess liquid or the fritters will fall apart.
- You can add in drained canned corn, or fresh corn on the cob.
- Change up the spices and herbs to alter the flavor.
- Spritz the fritters with cooking oil to help the fritters brown up if you air fry or bake.
- Baked zucchini fritters and air fryer zucchini fritters are healthier as ou won’t have the excess oil of frying.
What to do with zucchini
- Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips
- Zucchini Cornbread
- Ground beef and zucchini skillet dinner
- Zucchini tomato casserole
- Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Boats
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, diced
- Start by grating your zucchini, and then place it in a strainer. Sprinkle liberally with salt, and stir the zucchini around. Allow the zucchini to drain off excess liquid.
- Place a bowl under the zucchini to catch the liquid.
- Once the zucchini has sat for 20 minutes, squeeze the zucchini with a paper towel to remove any extra liquid. Or use a cheesecloth.
- Then place zucchini in a bowl, add the egg, flour, parmesan cheese, and baking powder, 1 green onion, and garlic powder. Stir till mixed.
- Form patties, and then place in a preheated 375 degree air fryer. Cook for 10 minutes and flip. Air fryer for another 5-10 minutes or until the fritters are golden brown and fully cooked.
- Remove zucchini fritters, then top with sour cream and the remaining green onions. Or dip in ranch dressing.
Bake Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Assemble fritters then place on greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake another 5-10 minutes or until they are done.
Fry Directions: Add oil into a pan, and then let it get nice and hot. I aim for 350-375 degrees. Then place fritters in hot skillet and cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until it is fuly cooked.
Feel free to add any spices to change up the flavor of the fritters.
Store any leftover zucchini fritters in the airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.