2 ingredients is all it takes to make these cinnamon roll apple pie cups. A canned cinnamon roll that is placed in a muffin cup and topped with apple pie filling and baked till ready. Drizzle on the cinnamon cream cheese frosting, and dive in! Apple pie cups are a must try!
This is a tasty canned cinnamon roll recipe that gives you apple pie vibes in every bite. Canned cinnamon rolls and apple pie filling recipe that will win you over. Give this 2 ingredient apple pie cup a try!
I paired my cinnamon rolls in a cup with a scoop of ice cream and caramel sauce. This is optional of course. I wanted to make these apple cinnamon rolls into a full on dessert.
Why Make These Apple Pie Cups
- 2 Ingredients
- 5 Minute Prep
- Bakes in oven for hands off cooking
- Delicious down to the last crumb
- Great dessert for cinnamon roll lovers
Ingredients You Need
Cinnamon Rolls – I used the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with the cream cheese frosting. Any brand of cinnamon roll dough works. Even go a step further and reach for a flavored cinnamon roll like their pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls.
Apple Pie Filling – Reach for canned apple pie filling or make your own. Thick, creamy, and tender apples in each bite.
Swaps and Substitutes
- Swap out the flavor of pie filling to use what you want. I even think cherry pie filling would be delicious.
- Use any flavor of cinnamon rolls. They have holiday themed flavored cinnamon rolls you could use for a twist in flavor.
- Add on some salted caramel sauce to add another layer of flavor to these apple cups.
- Make them smaller in a bite size cup. Just cut up and shape to fit mini muffin cups.
How to Make
Step One: Start by opening up your canned cinnamon rolls. Spread it out and then place each one in a greased muffin tin. Spread it out to make a cup shape in the tin.
Step Two: Add in some of the apple pie filling on top of each cinnamon roll.
Step Three: Bake in the oven as directed in the recipe card below. When the rolls are done, the dessert is ready to pull from the oven.
Step Four: Once done, remove and allow to cool a bit. Then drizzle the cream cheese cinnamon roll icing on top.
Serve and enjoy these apple pie cups! Or do what I did and pair with ice cream and caramel syrup.
If you don’t eat these apple pie cups right away they will store in the fridge for 1-2 days. You will find the cinnamon rolls will dry out and sog up a little bit.
These are best to make and serve fresh and warm straight from the oven.
- Your apple pie cups are done when the cinnamon rolls are baked all the way through.
- Spray the muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray to ensure the cinnamon rolls don’t stick in muffin pan.
- I hollow out the centers of the cinnamon rolls in the pan. This allows you to hold more pie filling.
- You can place the cinnamon rolls in the muffin tin and not press it as deep if you want to top with less pie filling.
Common questions when making this Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with apples.
- 1 can cinnamon rolls, 8 ounce can
- 1 can apple pie filling, 20 ounces
- Preheat the oven to 375 and grease a muffin tin. I did 8 spots, as my cinnamon roll container had 8 rolls.
- Flatten out the cinnamon rolls a bit and and then press each one into a muffin tin hole.
- Press it out a bit making it a little hollow. Repeat till all the rolls are place in muffin tin.
- Next, spoon on some apple pie filling. I did a bit extra, but you can do less if you want.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until the cinnamon rolls are fully cooked.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Then drizzle the cinnamon roll icing on top of each cinnamon roll apple pie cup.
- Serve and enjoy this apple pie cup!
Cinnamon Rolls - Any brand works, I used Pillsbury and it had the cream cheese frosting.
Pie Filling - Make homemade or buy canned. You will have some pie filling leftover. Also, any flavor of pie filling will work.
Storing - Store your pie filling in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. Then reheat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to warm up a bit.
Double Recipe - If you want you can easily double the recipe if you want.
How to Serve - Serve alone or pair with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel syrup like I did.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 1g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.