3 simple ingredients are all it takes to make this candied bacon. Candy bacon is the ultimate party snack, evening treat, or gift to give to a bacon lover. Sweet and savory in every bite.
Learn how to make candied bacon in the oven for a quick and easy sugar bacon treat. I will also share how to air fry bacon as well.
Table of contents
This candy bacon recipe is great to use for garnishing a Bloody Mary as well. This fancy bacon is anything and everything you dream of.
Crispy bacon that is coated in a sweet sugar. You can even make spicy candied bacon by adding on some spices to ramp up the heat. The possibilities are endless.
Why You Will Love This Recipe…
- 3 ingredients
- Quick prep
- Oven baked bacon for a hands-off cooking approach
- Versatile in seasonings you can use to change flavor
- Garnish a cocktail or eat as a snack
You can add other ingredients to add more flavor or spice to the bacon.
How to Make
Step 1: Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. You don’t have to do this, but I recommend it.
Step 2: Place your bacon in a single layer on the pan, and season with half the sugar, and some pepper.
Step 3: Flip the bacon and repeat with the remaining sugar and pepper. You can skip the bacon if you don’t want a bit of spice on it.
Step 4: Place a sheet of tinfoil over the bacon to help prevent the sugar from burning. Then bake as directed until the bacon is cooked through.
Not sure how to store candied bacon? Candy bacon is not shelf-stable, so you will have to refrigerate your bacon once it is cooked. Place in an airtight container or sealable bag.
Store in the fridge for around 1-2 weeks. Always use your best judgment in terms of the quality of the bacon. This is a great thick-cut bacon recipe.
Another bacon lover recipe is this bacon and cabbage recipe, great side or dinner.
Expert Tips and Variations
- Place bacon in a single layer, do not overlap the bacon.
- Tent the bacon with aluminum foil, or it will burn the outside of the bacon.
- Season with cayenne pepper, crushed pepper, or any other spices you might want.
- Store any leftover bacon in the fridge.
- Eat the bacon hot or cold. If you want to eat it hot, warm it up in the microwave.
- I share how to make candied bacon in air fryer, in the recipe card. for an alternative to cooking.
More Bacon Recipes
- Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
- Deep-Fried Deviled Eggs With Bacon
- Cabbage and Bacon
- Bacon-Wrapped Pickles
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Potato Skins with Bacon
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
- 2-4 pieces of bacon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
- Pepper to taste
- Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees. Then line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Then place your bacon in a single layer of bacon. Then sprinkle one side with half the sugar. Then add a little pepper.
- Flip and add sugar to the other side along with the pepper.
- Place foil on top of bacon to prevent the sugar to burning. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until it is baked through.
- Once done, let cool then serve and enjoy.