The best Banana Pudding Recipe you have to try out. Creamy, rich, and homemade banana pudding with vanilla wafers for added sweetness and texture. Learn how to make banana pudding from scratch!
I made banana pudding in jars for a quick and fun way to serve up your easy banana pudding. This is a fun single-serve way to serve up your favorite delicious dessert. If you are looking for the best banana recipe, this is it! Try my 2 ingredient Nutella Cake!
Banana Pudding Recipe
I will share helpful tips and tricks to make banana pudding, to help set you up for success in all areas. I love making tasty desserts for family and friends.
What Is In Banana Pudding
- granulated sugar
- heavy cream
- large eggs
- vanilla extract
- vanilla wafers
As you can see these ingredients are basic pantry items you might already have on hand. Making homemade banana pudding will be a game-changer for sure. You will love this creamy and sweet flavor.
How Do You Keep Banana From Turning Brown in Banana Pudding
Bananas are notorious for turning brown shortly after they are sliced. One way to help keep them from turning brown is pouring lemon or even pineapple juice in a squirt bottle and spritzing them. The citrus will help prevent them from turning brown.
How Do I Assemble Banana Pudding
I start with Vanilla Wafers then bananas and topped with pudding, then repeat the layers until you are done. I also put my banana pudding in mason jars for a single-serve method.
You can use a casserole dish or trifle dish to serve up your banana pudding. You don’t have to make single servings as I did. You will still start with a layer of cookies. This is going to act like the crust.
Can I Make Banana Pudding in Advance
I love homemade banana pudding, but it is one dessert you don’t want to make too far in advance. When it is all layered you will find that the bananas break down fast and discolor.
You will see the bananas can “weep” which will water down your pudding mixture. So you can make this 24 hours in advance at the most.
Do I Have to Use Pudding with Wafers and Banana Slices
You are more than welcome to make the pudding alone, and not make banana pudding. The fresh bananas are what make this a traditional banana pudding. You could also use graham cracker crumbs in replace of the wafers if you wanted.
Here are more dessert recipes to try
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake | Nutter Butter cookies are center stage in this cheesecake recipe. A velvety and delicious cheesecake topped with Nutter Butter Cookies.
- Rice Pudding | If you are a fan of rice pudding, this Instant Pot rice pudding is crazy simple to make. Creamy, thick and loaded with warm spices.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls | Peanut butter balls dipped in a milk chocolate. Such an easy no-bake dessert tasty for any time of the year.
- Monster Cookies | Tender and loaded monster cookies that are so simple to make. These cookies are one of my favorites.
The Best Banana Pudding Recipe
- • ¾ cup granulated sugar
- • ¼ cup cornstarch
- • 2 1/2 cups 2% milk
- • 1/2 cup heavy cream
- • 3 large eggs
- • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- • 2 tablespoons butter
- • 8 ounces vanilla wafers
- • 4 large bananas
- In a saucepan you will want to add your cornstarch, sugar, milk, and heavy cream and butter. Stir often and whisk out any lumps.
- On medium heat cook until the mixture becomes thick, whisking continously, this will take around 7-10 minutes.
- Once done remove from heat, and then in asmall bowl beat eggs and vanilla together. Pour it slowly into the mixture, whisking non-stop.
- Return pan to the heat, and cook till thick and bubbly. Then remove from the heat.
- Place the pudding in a container and cool down for an hour or two in the fridge, or you can serve it warm.
- With chilled pudding you can do a layer of cookies, bananas, pudding, and repeat until you make it as thick as you want. Top with whipped cream if you want.