Learn how to make these homemade air fryer salmon patties! You will use fresh salmon, drizzle of lemon juice, Dijon mustard, breadcrumbs, dill and more. You will find these salmon cakes are bursting with flavor, and fit perfectly in the air fryer basket. Simple ingredients with a big flavor payout.
The salmon mixture is so simple to throw together, and before you know it you have them air frying. Great for meal plans and meal prep. Whip these up for the whole family or pack them up for lunches on the go.
These Salmon Patties Are…
- Easy Healthy Meal
- Quick Prep and Cook Time
- Simple Recipe
- Air Fried vs Pan Fried
- Easy Recipe
- Can use Canned Salmon or Fresh Salmon
Make sure to check out my pan seared salmon steak for another delicious dinner idea.
Ingredients You Will Need
Diced Salmon Fillet
Breadcrumbs or Panko Breadcrumbs
Salt and Seasoning
How to Make
Full steps on how to make air fryer salmon patties are in the printable recipe card below. This is a visual walk through.
Step One: Preheat your air fryer. Then dice up your salmon and place half in a food processor.
Step Two: Next you will add in the mustard and chop a little bit. Then remove and place into a bowl.
Step Three: Add the remaining salmon and add in the egg, breadcrumbs, dill, salt, and spices. Mix to combine.
Step Four: Spritz the air fryer basket with oil, and then get your hands wet. Now form round patties and place in the basket.
Step Five: Depending on the size you will air fryer for 10-12 minutes. Then flip them over and cook another 3-5 minutes.
Variations And Tips
- For a low carb option you can use pork rinds in replace of breadcrumbs.
- Use crushed saltine crackers in replace of breadcrumbs.
- Serve with lemon wedges to enhance the flavor of the air fryer salmon cakes.
- Season with fresh parsley, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, or other herbs and spices to change up the flavor.
- For crispy salmon patties you can add extra oil on outside of patties and cook a minute or two longer.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the salmon is fully cooked. If not cook another minute or two longer.
- Make sure the salmon patties do not touch. As the hot air needs to circulate around the patties.
If you have leftover salmon patties simply store in an air-tight container. The patties will store for 2-3 days in the fridge. Then you can reheat in the microwave or warm up in a skillet on the stove. This is a tasty recipe and the leftover patties are delicious. Just pair with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy.
More Seafood Recipes
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group
Air Fryer Salmon Patties
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet diced
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 medium lemon optional
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees F. You will want to brush the air fryer with oil in the basket or tray to prevent sticking.
- In a food processor add half the diced up salmon. Then add in the mustard and chop it up, and then transfer to a bowl.
- Next you will add the rest of the salmon, egg, and chop it up as well.
- Now add all the salmon to one bowl with the breadcrumbs, dill, and salt and seasonings. Mix until the patties can be formed.
- Place the salmon patties in the air fryer, leaving space between them. I made 6 patties.
- Air fry for 10-12 minutes, and then flip over the salmon patties. If you make larger or smaller patties then you need to adjust the cook time.
- Turn the salmon patties over and cook another 3-5 minutes. Make sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and serve and enjoy.