Get game day ready with these football stadium sugar cookies! A homemade sugar cookie that is decorated with icing, sprinkles, and a goal post made of chocolate. A football cookie that will win anyone over, no matter what team they are rooting for.
Get ready for Super Bowl Sunday with these sugar cookies that are gonna allow you to cheer on your favorite team. This is a football season must for snacking on as you watch your big game.
This Football Stadium Sugar Cookies Recipe Is…
- Homemade Cookies
- Royal Icing Frosted
- Game Day Cookie
- Serve at Your Next Tailgate Party
- Freezer Friendly
Make sure to check out football cookie cups these are a great cookie cup made with chocolate chip cookie dough.
Flour – You will use all purpose flour for this cookie recipe. Scoop into the measuring cup, and then level it off with a knife.
Baking Soda and Baking Powder – You will use both for this sugar cookie dough.
Butter – Make sure your butter is softened to room temperature.
Sugar – This is going to sweeten the sugar cookie dough perfectly.
Egg – Room temperature egg is key for this cookie dough.
Vanilla Extract – So I used vanilla extract, I also like to add a little almond extract to sugar cookie dough for added flavor.
Frosting – You can make homemade frosting or buy a store bought frosting.
Royal Icing – You can use royal icing for decorating the cookie. I used it as the green grass and then the field goal post.
How to Make
Full steps on how to make football stadium sugar cookies are in the printable recipe card. This is a visual walk through. This is a quick how to.
Step One: Preheat the oven and prep your cookie sheet. Line with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
Step Two: Add your dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Set the dry ingredients to the side.
Step Three: In a large bowl you are going to cream together your butter and granulated sugar. Mix for 2-3 minutes on medium speed with a hand or stand mixer.
Step Four: Next add in the egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides.
Step Five: Now incorporate the dry ingredients, a little at a time.
Step Six: Next use a cookie scoop and place your cookie dough on the baking sheet. Leave an inch between cookies.
Step Seven: Bake as directed, and then allow the cookies to cool.
Step Eight: Once the cookies are cooled, you will frost half the cookie. Then for the other half add the white frosting. Then dip the cookie in sprinkles on the white frosting.
Step Nine: Now add green icing for the other portion of the cookie. Let it set up, and then draw on a field goal over the top.
Variations to Football Stadium Cookies
Brown Icing – Use brown icing and pipe on a football instead of a field goal. Or you could even pipe on football lace.
Melted Candy Melts – Instead of vanilla frosting use white chocolate to melt. Then frost half the cookie with the white chocolate, and dip in the sprinkles.
Almond Extracts – Use almond extract instead of vanilla if you would like. I like to use both or if you don’t love almond do just vanilla extract.
Team Colors – You are more than welcome to use any colors of icing as you want. You could make these into any color for a fun super bowl football cookies to fit your theme.
Sprinkles – I used multicolored nonpareils for this recipe. But you are welcome to change it up with any small round sprinkles.
Room Temperature: You can store these cookies at room temperature. Just store the cookies in an airtight container. The sugar cookies will store for up to 5 days.
Freezing: Also you can freeze the cookies if you don’t want to eat them right away. Just place in a freezer container or freezer bag. If you go to stack the cookies place wax paper between the layers. Then freeze for up to 4-5 months. Thaw on the counter.
More Football Recipes
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group
Football Stadium Sugar Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extact
- 1 tub white frosting
- 1/2 cup multi colored sprinkles
- 1 cup green royal icing
- 1/2 cup yellow royal icing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep your cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Next in a medium bowl add your flour, baking soda, baking powder, and mix to combine. Then set aside.
- In a large bowl you are going to cream your butter and granulated sugar together. I used a hand mixer and mixed for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add in your egg, and extracts. Mix to combine.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Then use a cookie scoop and place each cookie on the baking sheet. Leave an inch between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes until the cookies are golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Then you will frost half the cookie with vanilla frosting. Then dip it in the sprinkles to cover the white frosting.
- Next pipe on the green icing. You will do it on the bare part of the cookie. Allow it to set up.
- Then take the yellow icing and pipe a goal post. Then allow the cookies to set up and serve and enjoy.