Transform a boxed white cake mix into this decadent and dreamy white poke cake with chocolate ganache and berries. This cake is so moist and has chocolate ganache throughout with a whipped chocolate ganache frosting that will knock your socks off. Then tame it down with some fresh berries, and you have one awesome dessert. It might look extravagant and taste like a million dollars but this white poke cake recipe really easy to make. Wow, your guest with a simple poke cake recipe.
Summer is here and I love getting outside having friends and family come over, and grilling. But, a barbeque wouldn’t be complete without a delicious dessert, and this chocolate ganache white poke cake with fresh berries is the dessert I am in love with. Poke cakes are always a winner in my books. Or if you want something with a citrus take, check out my lemon pound cake! This is a great one for the summer months as well.
How To Make A White Poke Cake
Making a poke cake is so simple, and it really transforms from a basic cake into a decadent dessert. You simply bake your cake as directed. Then in a pan melt your chocolate chips and cream until melted. Then with a meat injector, you can easily put the ganache into the cake by squirting some into holes throughout the cake. That way within each slice of cake you have that sweet ganache throughout the cake. I find that with the thin texture of the ganache the meat injector does the trick! Less mess than trying to spoon it in!
Then with the leftover ganache, you put in the fridge to chill for around 3o minutes. This will help with whipping it and creating that fluffy and light texture like you would get from a frosting. With your spatula smooth it out and you have the easiest poke cake. Then top with berries right before serving and you have a scrumptious cake.
The Best White Poke Cake Recipe
- 1 18.25 box white cake mix, (plus ingredients on the box)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups mixed berries
- 8 ounces whipped cream, (Optional)
- Bake the cake as instructed on the box, in a 9x13 pan. Allow to cool completely.
- In a pan you want to melt the chocolate chips and whipping cream on medium-low heat. Once it is melted, use a meat injector to pull up some of the chocolate ganache.
- Insert about 1/3 of the injector down into the cake and squeeze out some chocolate. Do this all over the cake making holes every little bit.
- Refrigerate the remaining ganache, for 30 minutes. Then put the leftover ganache in a stand mixer and whip on high speed until it begins to thicken.
- Serve with some whipped cream and berries on top!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 199mg Carbohydrates: 44g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 29g Protein: 4g
What is your favorite cake flavor?