Gobble Gobble! These turkey wafer cookies are a fun no bake Thanksgiving treat that kids will go nuts for. A vanilla wafer dipped in chocolate and decorated with candy corn, M&M’s and candy eyes. Try these turkey cookies with candy corn today!
This is an easy recipe that little kids love to help decorate their turkeys. The candy corn feathers are so fun, and perfect for the holiday season. Make sure to check out my turkey donuts for another cute idea.
These Turkey Wafer Cookies Are…
- Great for the Thanksgiving Table
- No Bake Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies
- Chocolate wafer cookies or dipped vanilla crisp wafers cookies work
- Kid friendly
- Easy to Make
- Fall Treat
Ingredients Needed For Recipe
Vanilla Wafers – Buy vanilla wafers or any flavor of wafers you want. You will dip them in chocolate so feel free to use any flavor.
Candy Melts – Dip your wafers in the chocolate and then use the chocolate to glue the candy corn and M&M’s onto the wafers as well.
Candy Corn – The candy corn mimics the turkey’s feathers. It is fun and easy, and feel free to buy different colored candy corn to use if you want.
Yellow M&M’s – Yellow or orange M&M’s that get broken in half are going to be great for making the beak of the turkey.
Candy Eyes – Find candy eyes in the baking aisle next to sprinkles. Or ship to home directly from Amazon.
How to Make
Full steps on how to make these turkey wafer cookies are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a visual walk through, but the full directions are at the bottom of the post.
Step One: Place a strip of parchment paper on a tray or the counter. Then you will heat up your candy melts in the microwave until it is fully melted.
Step Two: Dip a vanilla wafer cookie in the chocolate, coating it all. Then tap off the excess chocolate and place the wafers on the parchment paper.
Step Three: While the chocolate is still wet, place on the M&M nose, and two eyes right above it. Then place your candy corn in a rainbow shape to mimic feathers.
Step Four: The repeat dipping the cookie and decorating one at a time.
Helpful Tip: If the candy melts are setting up, just warm it up again in the microwave.
So if you don’t eat the turkey treats right away, just allow them to fully set up. Then place the turkey treats in an airtight container and store at room temperature. The cookies will store for 2 weeks or so. Now if your house is pretty warm, you can refrigerate to prevent the chocolate from melting.
Variations and Tips
- You can use white chocolate, milk chocolate, or even semi-sweet chocolate for dipping. I do like candy melting wafers as it hardens really well. Or just add coconut oil to the chocolate chips to help the chocolate set up.
- I like to line a cookie sheet or baking sheet with wax paper so I can move the cookies around the kitchen easy.
- Swap out the wafers with other cookies or treats if you want to change it up a bit.
Turkey Wafer Cookies
- 12 Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- 3-4 cups Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1 bag Candy Corn
- 12 Yellow M&M's
- 24 Candy Eyes
- Start by melting your candy melts in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stovetop. Follow the directions on the back of the box.
- Next you will dip each vanilla wafer in the melted chocolate. Then tap off the excess and place on a wax paper lined tray. Do one cookie at a time.
- Add on the candy corn at the top of the cookie. This will mimic the feathers, I shaped into a rainbow shape.
- Then Add on the candy eyes in the center of the cookie, followed by the nose.
- Next repeat dipping the next cookie, decorating, etc. Repeat until all the cookies are done.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Leave A Reply!