Lemon lava cake is the perfect lemon dessert. Serve up these single-serve cakes that as you slice in lemon oozes from the center. Top with some extra lemon curd and powdered sugar for a fun dessert.
This easy lava cake is crazy simple to make. Grab your ramekins and bake up warm lemon pudding cake-inspired cakes.
I used Godiva chocolate to make these a white chocolate lava cake with lemon in the batter as well. Godiva lava cake is great for dessert for after dinner or serve up for a dinner party.
Try my classic lava cake as well! Chocolate lovers go nuts over this one!
Why You Will Love This Lemon Lava Cake…
- Simple Ingredients
- Easy Steps to Make
- Delicious lemon dessert
- An elegant presentation
Grab my Free Kitchen Conversions Printable! This shows you how many cups are in a quart, pint, etc. A great printable to keep handy for when you need to convert a recipe.
Ingredients To Make
- White Chocolate Chips
- Lemon Curd
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make
Step 1: Start by preheating oven and then grease your ramekins.
Step 2: In a bowl, you will melt your white chocolate and butter until melted. Then once it is melted, add in the flour, sugar, lemon curd, lemon zest, and vanilla.
Step 3: Once combined, you can add in the eggs and the egg yolks, make sure to stir until combined.
Step 4: Divide into the ramekins till they are 2/3rds full. Don’t overfill as it will rise as it bakes.
Step 5: Bake as directed in the recipe card. Once done, allow your cakes to cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the ramekins, and then flip the ramekin on a plate.
Dust with powdered sugar, and serve and enjoy.
This is best served warm and fresh from the oven. But, you can store the leftover lemon cakes in the fridge for 2-3 days. Just wrap well in foil, or place in an airtight container.
Then eat them cold, or warm them up in the microwave. You will find that the lava cake will not be as liquidy in the center once it is cooled off. But, it will still be a delicious lemon dessert in terms of flavor.
- Add in extra lemon zest for more tangy flavor.
- Use quality white chocolate as it will be a stand out flavor.
- Make sure to not overbake the dessert or it will make the center set and not ooey gooey.
- Just remember that depending on the size of your ramekins, the cook time will vary.
More Lemon Desserts
- Easy lemon Swiss roll
- Mini lemon bundt cakes
- Lemon cream puffs
- Easy lemon cupcakes
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- Strawberry Lemon Dream Bars
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
Ingredients For Lemon Lava Cake
- 1 cup white chocolate baking chips 5.5 ounces
- ½ cup unsalted butter cubed (8 tablespoons, 113 grams)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar plus 1 tablespoon
- ⅔ cup lemon curd
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar for dusting, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Spray 6 – 6-ounce ramekins with nonstick spray. Set them on a baking sheet.
- Next, you will grab a microwave safe bowl and add your white chocolate chips, and cubed butter.
- Then you will heat for 20 second intervals, stirring between each heat cycle.
- Once the chocoate is fully melted and smooth, add in the flour, sugar, lemon curd, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Then you will add in the eggs and the egg yolks, and stir till combined.
- Now you will fill your ramekins 2/3rds of the way full.
- Bake your lemon lava cakes for 20-25 minutes or until the tops of the lemon cakes are lightly browned and when you touch it springs back.
- Place the lava cakes on a cooling rack when done and let it cool for 5 mintues. Then take a knife and cut around the edge of the ramekins to make sure it won't stick.
- Place your plate on top of the ramekin and flip it over. Gently lift up the ramekin dish and the cake should come right out. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Then serve up these easy lemon lava cakes. Feel free to add on extra lemon curd.
Instant Pot Lemon Lava Cake Directions: Mix up the same way, and add 1 cup of water into Instant Pot. Stack your ramekins on a trivet. Pressure cook for 9 minutes on manual high pressure. Do a quick release of pressure. Then carefully remove, dust with powdered sugar, and serve.
Use quality white chocolate, as it will be a stand out flavor.
Make sure to not overbake the lava cakes, or it will cook the center and you will not have lava.
Top with extra lemon curd for added flavor.
Store the leftover cakes in the fridge.
To reheat a lava cake simply place in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, or microwave. If you overcook the center will bake.
Top with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, or a simple powdered sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 639Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 362mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 2gSugar: 48gProtein: 14g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.
This is the best lava cake recipe for lemon lovers!