Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas is a quick and easy weeknight dinner. I used pre-cooked shredded chicken so this chicken fajita instant pot recipe was insanely easy.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
Perfectly seasoned chicken, tender pepper, onions, served in a warm flour tortilla.
Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
If you are looking for more ways to use shredded chicken in Instant Pot recipes, this recipe will win you over.
How To Make Chicken Fajitas in Instant Pot
Making chicken fajitas in the Instant Pot is a breeze. I actually made this as a freezer meal! I prepped all my ingredients and tossed in the freezer until I was ready.
If you want to make yours the day of, that is fine too! I used pre-cooked chicken. I like to batch cook chicken so it makes it a 5 minute cook time.
Simply toss your meat and spices along with water into the pressure cooker.
Cook for 5 minutes with a quick release. Then toss in your veggies, and turn your pressure cooker to saute.
You will cook peppers and onions until they reach your desired tenderness. Then serve with warm tortillas and a drizzle of lime juice!
What To Serve With Chicken Fajitas
- Sour Cream
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Black beans
- Lettuce, Tomatoes, etc
Instant Pot Freezer Meal Fajitas
So as I said before, I made this as a freezer meal. The perfect way to meal prep and then pull from the freezer and toss in the pressure cooker and cook.
I share all the freezer directions for meal prepping and cooking in your pressure cooker in the recipe card below.
Can I Double This Instant Pot Fajita Recipe
Yes! You can double this recipe if you would. Since you use pre-cooked meat it uses less space in your pot.
This recipe calls for 1 pound of pre-cooked chicken. Feel free to make a double or even triple batch of this to serve up. Just watch your max line on the pressure cooker.
Craving more chicken pressure cooker recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein (freezer meal) | Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein is one of my favorites. Tender veggies, incredible marinade and tons of flavor.
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps (freezer meal) | Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps uses pre-cooked chicken, Caesar dressing, crisp lettuce, tomatoes all wrapped up in a tortilla.
- Ranch Instant Pot Wings | Ranch Instant Pot wings are a great dinner idea or appetizer to serve up for game day snacking.
Can I Add Mushrooms To Fajita Mixture
Yes, if you are a fan of mushrooms toss them in as well when you do your peppers and onions. Feel free to add the vegetables that fit your taste bud preference.
Pressure cooker chicken fajitas are so simple, see for yourself!
- 1 lb shredded pre-cooked chicken
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow, orange or green pepper
- 1 sweet onion sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 limes
- 1 cup water or chicken stock
- Place your chicken and seasonings, and juice from 1 lime in the instant pot. Add in your water or stock, and stir.
- Seal the instant pot lid to sealing and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes with a quick release.
- While your chicken mixture cooks slice your peppers and onion and set aside.
- When the chicken is done, stir in veggies and turn the instant pot to saute and cook until the veggies reach the desired texture you want.
- Serve in warm tortillas with your favorite toppings and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
FREEZER MEAL Fajitas Recipe
- In a freezer gallon bag add your pre-cooked chicken, juice of 1 lime, cumin, chili powder, Worcestershire, and salt and pepper. Seal bag.
- Then slice up your 2 peppers and onion and place in another bag and toss in the freezer for up to three months.
- When ready to cook toss the meat mixture in pressure cooker with 1 cup water. Seal and cook for 5 minutes with quick release.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and toss in frozen onions and peppers, cook until your veggies reach the desired texture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 tortilla
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 72mg Sodium: 181mg Carbohydrates: 16g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 20g