Drunken Cherries are an alcohol-infused maraschino cherry that is dipped in chocolate. Serve as a sweet treat or garnish a cocktail with these boozy cherries.
Try my rum filled boozy hot chocolate bombs as well. A fun way to dress up an alcoholic treat.
Table of contents
This drunken cherry recipe is crazy simple. Plus you are able to make as many or as little as you would like. These also make a great Valentine’s treat for adults.
Vodka soaked cherries are a favorite of mine.
How To Make Drunken Cherries
- Drain liquid from cherries and then pour in your alcohol into the jar.
- Let it sit for at least 4 hours to overnight to marinate the cherries.
- Remove cherries from booze and then let them dry off a bit on a towel.
- Melt chocolate, dip, and add sprinkles!
Tips for Melting Chocolate
- Add in a teaspoon of shortening with your melted chocolate. This will help harden up the chocolate so fast, so you don’t have to let them sit near as long! Within 4 minutes they are dry.
- You can also use almond bark instead of chocolate chips.
- Feel free to temper chocolate to skip adding in shortening.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave or on the stove in a double boiler.
Do I Have To Use Shortening For Chocolate
No, you don’t have to put chocolate in with shortening. If you don’t use the shortening it will just take longer to set up.
You can toss your chocolate covered cherries in the freezer. This will help set the chocolate up a lot faster.
Want More Sweet Recipes
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake | Decadent, rich, and tastes just like a bakery. This cheesecake is phenomenal!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls | If you love peanut butter balls this recipe is a breeze. No baking, tasty peanut butter filling dipped in chocolate.
- Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies | Cookie butter takes this muddy buddy recipe to a whole new level. Crunchy, sweet, and loaded with insane flavors.
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems
- 2 cups chocolate chips (milk, white, semi sweet, any kind)
- 1 cup bourbon, vodka, tequila, rum, etc. Your choice
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- sprinkles (optional)
- Start by removing cherries from the cherry juice. Put in a jar that has a lid.
- Pour in your cup of alcohol, and seal the jar. Soak cherries for 4 hours to overnight. The longer the cherries soak in the alcohol the stronger it will become.
- Remove cherries from the alcohol and place them on a towel to dry off. This step is needed so the chocolate can stick to the cherries.
- Then in a bowl melt your chocolate and shortening. I did mine in the microwave.
- Dip each cherry in chocolate and then set to dry on parchment paper. If you want add sprinkles!
You can use other flavors of alcohol to soak your cherries if you prefer.
Feel free to temper the chocolate instead of using shortening to help the chocolate chips harden.
Almond bark is a great alternative as well.
Snack on these drunken cherries or serve with your favorite cocktail.
Store all leftover cherries in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them up.
Make as many or as a few as you would like for these boozy chocolate covered cherries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 1g