Drunken Cherries are an alcohol-infused maraschino cherry that is dipped in chocolate. Serve as a sweet treat or garnish a cocktail with these boozy cherries.
This drunken cherries recipe is crazy simple. Plus you are able to make as many or as little as you would like. These also make a great Valentine’s treat for adults.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
What Alcohol Do You Use For Drunken Cherries
Make bourbon cherries, vodka, rum, or any other alcohol you want. I have done a handful of alcohols for soaking and infusing cherries and they all turn out great.
It is mostly whatever flavor of alcohol you prefer or have on hand. Get creative and have fun. Even a vanilla-infused vodka could pair nicely with these cherries and chocolate.
How Long Do You Soak Cherries In Alcohol
You can do a few hours or up to overnight. The longer your cherries soak in the alcohol the stronger the flavor will be.
I soaked the cherries for 4 hours and they were nicely flavored. Now, I have done overnight and they were pretty strong. But these soaked cherries are so fun for parties, events, and more.
Can I Use White Chocolate For Drunken Cherries
Yes, you can use white chocolate for dipping your cherries. I used milk chocolate but feel free to reach for white.
Or if you feel lucky do a mix of both! Dip in one chocolate and then drizzle it with the other chocolate for a colorful mix.
Tips for Melting Chocolate
- Use your Instant Pot as a Double Boiler! It works great and you can move it anywhere in the kitchen.
- Add in a teaspoon of shortening in with your melted chocolate. This will help harden up the chocolate so fast, so you don’t have to let them sit near as long! Within 4 minutes they are dry.
Ingredients For Boozy Cherries
Vodka soaked cherries are a favorite of mine.
How To Make Drunken Cherries
- Drain liquid from cherries and then pour in your alcohol into the jar.
- Let it sit for at least 4 hours to overnight to marinate the cherries.
- Remove cherries from booze and then let them dry off a bit on a towel.
- Melt chocolate, dip, and add sprinkles!
Do I Have To Use Shortening For Chocolate
No, you don’t have to put chocolate in with shortening. If you don’t use the shortening it will just take longer to set up.
You can toss your chocolate covered cherries in the freezer. This will help set the chocolate up a lot faster.
Want More Sweet Recipes
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake | Decadent, rich, and tastes just like a bakery. This cheesecake is phenomenal!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls | If you love peanut butter balls this recipe is a breeze. No baking, tasty peanut butter filling dipped in chocolate.
- Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies | Cookie butter takes this muddy buddy recipe to a whole new level. Crunchy, sweet and loaded with insane flavors.
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems
- 2 cups chocolate chips (milk, white, semi sweet, any kind)
- 1 cup bourbon, vodka, tequila, rum, etc. Your choice
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- sprinkles (optional)
- Start by removing cherries from the cherry juice. Put in a jar that has a lid.
- Pour in your cup of alcohol, and seal the jar.
- Soak cherries for 4 hours to overnight.
- Remove cherries from the alcohol and place on towel to dry off.
- Then in a bowl melt your chocolate and shortening. I did mine in the microwave.
- Dip each cherry in chocolate and then set to dry on parchment paper. If you want add sprinkles!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 1g