Crack chicken and spaghetti squash is a fully loaded chicken recipe that will win you over! Tender chicken, bacon, ranch, cream cheese, and spaghetti squash in replace of pasta to make this a keto dinner recipe! Give this crack chicken recipe a try tonight.
This creamy and cheesy skillet dish is so easy to make, and if you love spaghetti squash this is a new recipe to try out. My whole family loves crack chicken, so this dinner idea was already a home run.
This Crack Chicken and Spaghetti Squash Recipe Is..
- Keto chicken recipe (leave out milk)
- Loaded with ranch and bacon flavor
- Family friendly
- Reheats well
Ingredients You Will Need
- Spaghetti Squash
- Milk (optional)
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Dry Ranch Powder
- Shredded Cheese
How to Make
Full directions on how to make this crack chicken and spaghetti squash are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a visual walk through for readers.
Step One: Preheat the oven and then work on the spaghetti squash. Take a sharp knife and slice the squash through the middle lengthwise. Then take a spoon and remove the seeds and discard seeds.
Step Two: Now you will place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet with edges. Then add in 1/3 cup water to the pan.
Step Three: Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the water is absorbed, and the squash has turned a light golden orange color.
Step Four: Once the squash is done remove and let cool a bit. Then use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti squash noodles and set it aside.
Step Five: Place bacon in a skillet and cook until it is fully cooked. Place on a paper towel lined plate, and chop into bite size pieces once cooled.
Step Six: While the squash is cooking you will use bacon grease that is in the skillet. Dice up your boneless chicken. Season with salt, pepper and powdered ranch, and cook fully till golden brown and cooked through.
Step Seven: Next, remove the chicken and place on a plate and clean out the skillet. Then pour in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
Step Eight: Pour in the sour cream and cream cheese and cook till melted and combined. Add milk if you would like to thin it out a bit.
Step Nine: Season with ranch to taste, and then pour in the spaghetti squash noodles and coat in the sauce. Toss in the bacon and chicken.
Garnish with extra bacon pieces, cheese, and green onions or even parsley! Serve and enjoy.
What To Serve With Your Skillet Crack Chicken
Not sure what to serve with this spaghetti squash and chicken? Here are a few of our favorite pairings that you might enjoy.
- Veggies of Choice – Roasted, steamed, etc.
- Bread or rolls
You can store any of this keto crack chicken in the fridge in an airtight container. It will store for 2-3 days. Then when you want to eat some, reheat in the microwave for a quick reheat.
If you do want to reheat in the oven, make sure to place the mix in a covered dish. This is going to help prevent it from drying out as you reheat in the oven. I personally prefer the microwave method.
Common questions when making this spaghetti squash and chicken recipe.
Dairy milk is high in carbs and does contain sugar. It is recommended to not consume or use very little dairy when you are on a keto diet.
Full fat sour cream is keto friendly. Sour cream will add a nice tangy and creamy consistency to recipes and help add nice flavor to meals.
Take your squash and flip one of the halves over. Take a fork or knife and run it down the flesh lengthwise and if the squash is soft and forms spaghetti-like noodles the squash is done.
You can overcook spaghetti squash. You will find if you overcook it will totally affect the flavor and texture. The water and the running a knife or fork against the squash flesh are the best ways to tell when done.
All squash range in size so use a recipe cook time as a guide, and watch your squash.
Craving More Meal Ideas
Crack Chicken And Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Spaghetti Squash approximately 2 pounds
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 slices Bacon
- 3 cups Boneless Chicken diced in cubes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Ranch Seasoning
- 1-2 cups Chicken Broth as needed
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Milk as desired (optional)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then slice spaghetti squash lengthwise down the middle.
- Scoop out the seeds of the squash and discard the seeds. Then grab a rimmed pan and place the squash cut side down. Pour in 1/3 cup of water.
- Bake the squash for 30-40 minutes until the water is absorbed and the squash turns golden orange.
- While the squash is cooking you will grab a skillet and pan cook your bacon until it is done. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate. Then chop into bite size pieces.
- In the same skillet, you will dice up chicken and then season with salt, pepper and around 1/2 teaspoon of the ranch mix. Then pan sear the chicken in the bacon grease until golden brown and fully cooked. Then remove chicken from the pan.
- Clean the skillet out and then add in the broth and bring to a simmer. Once it is simmering add in the sour cream and cream cheese.
- Mix until it is fully melted. You can add milk to help thin out the sauce and stretch the sauce even more to make more sauce if you want.
- Add in the ranch seasoning, and stir well.
- Once the squash is done, remove and use a fork to scrape out the flesh making it into noodles. Put noodles in the skillet and add in the bacon and chicken. Stir to coat all the ingredients.
- Season to your liking, and to with cheese, parsley or even green onions.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Leave A Reply!