It takes just 4 ingredients to make this air fryer crispy tortellini. Grab fresh or frozen tortellini and bread and air fry to a crispy cheesy perfection. Pair with marinara sauce if you would like or eat this air fried tortellini plain.
Fried tortellini is delicious, but I wanted to eliminate the oil and create a “healthier” version to my favorite snack, appetizer, or even lunch option. Also try my crunchy tortilla chips made in the air fryer.
Give this air fried tortellini appetizer a try, and enjoy. Great for holidays, parties, and of course game day snack food.
Try out my Instant Pot Rigatoni for another delicious pasta dinner idea. This is made with Italian sausage and a creamy marinara sauce mixture.
This Air Fried Tortellini Is…
- Air Fried
Ingredients and Variations
Tortellini – You can use fresh refrigerated tortellini or frozen for this recipe. I used a classic cheese stuffed but feel free to buy whatever tortellini you want.
Bread Crumbs – I used a seasoned bread crumb to minimalize ingredients used. But you can swap for plain and add in your favorite seasonings.
Egg – This is the wet that you will dip the pasta in to then dredge in the bread crumbs.
Oil – I used an avocado oil to spritz the tortellini with. This will help to provide that golden crust you want.
Marinara – OPTIONAL but delicious.
How to Make
Here is a visual walk through on how to make air fryer crispy tortellini. The full directions and measurements of ingredients are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Step One: Preheat your air fryer as directed. I recommend preheating for 5 minutes to ensure the air fryer is nice and hot.
Step Two: Whisk eggs and place in a bowl, bread crumbs in another bowl and then work on dredging.
Step Three: Dip each tortellini pasta in the egg, followed by bread crumbs. Place in air fryer basket or tray.
Step Four: Air Fry, and spritz with oil if needed to help create a golden crust on the outside. I flip half way through the cook time and spritz the other side of the pasta.
Skip the fried appetizers and try this crispy tortellini recipe using your air fryer.
Pro Tips For Success
- Place your tortellini in a single layer in your basket or air fryer trays. Otherwise, they will not evenly cook.
- Shake off excess egg and bread crumbs, making sure it isn’t too heavily coated, otherwise it can make a mess.
- Place an air fryer parchment liner down to help prevent sticking and create an easier cleanup.
- Air fry in batches if you want to make extra. Then keep the extras warm in the oven at 200 degrees placed in a single layer on a lined baking sheet.
Refrigerate: You can store any tortellini you don’t eat in the fridge for 3-5 days. They will become softer in texture once cooled down. But, to get a crispy texture again you can warm them back up in the air fryer for a few minutes until warm.
Freezing: If you want feel free to freeze any of your tortellini for up to 3 months. Just place in a freezer bag or container that is freezer approved. Thaw in fridge and reheat or warm up straight from the freezer.
A few common questions for this air fryer tortellini recipe.
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Pigs in Blanket Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Cheese Bites
- BBQ Air Fryer Chicken
- Air Fryer Eggplant
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group
Air Fryer Crispy Tortellini
- 1 – 9 ounce package cheese tortellini
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- Oil for spritzing
- Marinara – optional
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Mix up your eggs in a bowl creating a nice mix that is well incorporated.
- In another bowl place the seasoned bread crumbs and set aside.
- Take your fresh tortellini and begin dredging. If tortellini is frozen, then cook as directed on package till al dente. Then strain and dry well.
- Dip each tortellini in the egg, then roll in breadcrumbs. Place in a single layer in air fryer.
- Spritz the tortellini with oil, and then cook for 5-6 minutes. Flip over, and spritz with oil again, and finish cooking.
- Depending on air fryer and size of tortellini it will take another 6-9 minutes to cook. You want the outside to be nice and golden.
- Remove the air fryer crispy tortellini and eat with marinara sauce or plain. These fried tortellini are great for serving as a snack, appetizer, or dinner.