Skip carryout and stay in tonight. This Sesame chicken is one of my favorites to pair with a bowl of rice, rice noodles, etc. Dive into this Instant Pot sesame chicken recipe for dinner tonight!
Sesame seed chicken uses chicken breast that you dice up, pair with a sauce for optimal flavor. A pressure cooker sesame chicken that kids and adults will love. Instant pot boneless chicken never tasted so good!
Why I Recommend Making This Recipe
- Easy Prep
- Pressure cooked chicken that is super moist
- Homemade sauce for this Chinese chicken
- Better than take out
- Quick and Easy
- Great to pair with rice
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- Cornstarch + Water
How to Make
Here is how to make sesame chicken, the full measurements and directions are in the printable recipe card below.
Saute | Turn on the saute feature on the Instant Pot. Then add in your oil and let it get warm. While oil is heating up, take your diced chicken cubes and flour lightly. Tap off excess flour.
Sear | Place chicken in hot oil, sear the chicken until the chicken is browned. Remove and place on a plate. If you need batch cook the chicken.
Sauce | In a bowl whisk up your soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, lime juice, and sesame seeds and sriracha. Whisk until creamy.
Pressure Cook | Pour over the sauce on chicken. Then add lid and ensure it is set to sealing. Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes, with a quick release.
Saute | Turn the pot to saute once you remove lid, and let it get hot. Mix the cornstarch and water together and stir in to thicken the sauce. Add in the broccoli florets and cook till softened.
Serve | Pair with rice, noodles, or eat alone. It is up to you!
- Try to cut the chicken in even pieces so you get an even cook.
- Scrape the bottom of your pressure cooker to remove any stuck on food, to prevent burn notice.
- You will want the sauce thinner to cook as the Instant Pot can’t cook thick sauces, so you will use cornstarch to thicken after.
- Feel free to stir in other veggies for added flavor once the mixture is cooked.
- Top with sesame seeds, green onions, etc.
More Chicken Recipes To Try
- 2 tablespoons, olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon sriracha, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- Start by dicing up your boneless chicken breast into cubes.
- Turn the Instant Pot on to saute and add in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. While pan is heating, dredge the chicken in the flour, and shake off excess.
- Once the oil is warm toss in your chicken and sear all sides till brown. Batch cook, so all the chicken can get golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pot once it is seared, then add another batch. Once all the chicken is cooked turn off the saute. Use a wooden spoon to scrape any bits stuck on the bottom.
- Now in a bowl add in your soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, lime juice, and sesame meeds along with sriracha. Whisk and then pour into instant pot with chicken.
- Stir and then place the lid on your Instant pot. Ensure the valve on the lid is set to the sealing position. Do high pressure or manual pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done, quick release. Turn the Instant Pot back on sauce. Toss in your broccoli florets.
- Then mix your cornstarch and water together and stir in. As it cooks stir continously and it will thicken the sauce.
- Cook until your broccoli reaches your desired doneness. Then serve with sesame seeds, green onions, etc if you want.
If your sauce gets too thick before the broccoli is done, add 1/4 cup of water to help thin it up as the broccoli cooks.
You can add in extra vegetables if you would like.
You can double the recipe just as long as you do not go over the max fill line. This all depends on the size of your Instant Pot.
If you do chicken thighs that are boneless do a 6-minute cook instead of 5.
If you don't want it too salty use low sodium soy sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 1310mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 28g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.