Whip up a batch of homemade strawberry and cream cupcakes with a sweet filling for an added surprise. This recipe has a very easy strawberry filling for the cupcakes to have an added surprise when your friends and family bite into them. I think every person needs a super easy cupcake recipe in their arsenal that gives guests that perfect combination of easy and scrumptious down to the last crumb, and this strawberries and cream recipe does just that.
With spring here and summer on the horizon having a good strawberry cupcake is a great way to use up all those perfectly sweet strawberries from your garden. I am a fruit lover so when the fruit comes into season we tend to buy a lot and stock up. My son loves strawberries when they are ripe, and we all need a cupcake or two in our lives, and this is one of our favorite recipes to serve up. Try my Nutella Cupcakes!
Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes Are A Perfect Party Dessert
I love using my vanilla cupcake base that always turns out extra moist and light, and then you fill with the strawberries and cream filling, and top with frosting and a strawberry for presentation! Delicate, light, and trust me too good not to make for yourself! These cupcakes offer an easy strawberry filling for cupcakes. It is a fresh diced strawberries and some of the whipped frosting. While it sounds like a simple combination you will be amazed at the added wow factor it gives these decadent cupcakes.
Strawberries And Cream Cupcakes Recipe
First off let me say, you do not have to make your cupcakes homemade. If you like to cut a few corners grab a white cake mix, it will work just the same! I just like the flavor a homemade cupcake offers, but again it is totally up to you! You can also doctor up the cake mix to give you that bakery style as well, which I have done in the past. You can also opt out of the filling, I just love the extra flavors it adds to the cupcake!
How To Make Strawberry And Cream Cupcakes
Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries (For Filling)
- 1/4 tsp salt
Ingredients For The Frosting
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tbs vanilla pudding mix
- 4 tbs granulated sugar
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees. Then add liners to your cupcake tin.
- In a bowl add your flour, baking soda, and salt, and set aside.
- In a stand mixer add in your softened butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy (around 2 minutes). Then add eggs one at a time and beat until well incorporated, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Next start incorporating a little of the flour mixture followed by a little of the milk. Do this rotation until all the flour and milk are mixed into the batter.
- Divide the batter into the cupcake molds, I do around 3/4 full for each cupcake. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean. Set on the cooling rack and allow to cool while you make the frosting.
- For the frosting, you want to mix the heavy cream, sugar, and pudding mix until it forms soft peaks.
- For the filling, you want to cut out a piece of the center of the cupcake, and add in a little of the frosting and then top with strawberries. Then frost like you normally would.. Then go on to frost the entire cupcake like normal.
- You can add a whole strawberry on top for presentation or even top with a few of your diced strawberries. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I really think these will be a great dessert to serve up this summer, spring, and these even are great for Valentine’s day!
What is your favorite cupcake flavor?