Sausage and cream cheese crescent rolls are a must make appetizer. This cream cheese crescent roll recipe will tickle your taste buds in a good way. These sausage crescent rolls also can be a great breakfast option as well.
These bite size appetizers are also sometimes called donkey balls. So no matter what you call these bite size sausage bites, they are a hit.
A 3 ingredient appetizer that takes no time to whip up. Or serve these up for breakfast with some fruit for a jumpstart to your morning.
This Recipe Is…
- Made with 3 Ingredients
- Easy game day appetizer or Breakfast recipe
- Simple sausage recipe
- Delicious crescent roll sausage balls
- Quick Prep
- Freezes Well
- Budget Friendly
Ingredients You Need
Breakfast Sausage – Breakfast sausage of your choice works great for this recipe. If you want some more spice add in hot breakfast sausage.
Cream Cheese – A block of softened cream cheese is what you will use for this. Now you can use a low fat cream cheese if you would like.
Crescent Rolls – The buttery flavor of the crescent rolls is a great pairing to the sausage and cream cheese.
Variations to Recipe
- You can use chorizo if you wanted.
- Drain and add in some Rotel for an added kick of flavor.
- Add in 1/2 cup shredded cheese if you want some added cheese factor.
- You could swap breakfast sausage with Italian sausage if you want.
- Reach for low fat crescent rolls if you would like.
- Add in scrambled eggs for a breakfast twist.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make this sausage cream cheese crescent roll recipe is in the printable recipe card below.
Step One: Cook your sausage in a skillet over medium heat. You will cook until no longer pink and fully cooked. Drain off any grease.
Step Two: Once the sausage is done pour in a bowl and add in the softened cream cheese. Mix well until fully cooked.
Step Three: Take your crescent rolls and cut in half. Then place a scoop of sausage mixture and roll up and place on a baking sheet.
Step Four: Bake as directed, and once golden brown serve and enjoy.
Helpful Tips For Success
- Use a pizza cutter to slice the crescent rolls quickly. This is such a handy way to slice your crescent rolls without tearing the dough.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. This will make for an easy cleanup.
- Don’t overstuff your crescent rolls or they will make too much of a mess when they cook.
Here are some common questions when making this sausage roll ups with crescent rolls recipe.
- Sausage Balls
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Garlic Parmesan Pull Out Bread
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 block cream cheese, softened (8 ounces)
- 2 cans Crescent rolls, Packs of 8
- In a skillet you will cook your sausage until no longer pink. Drain off any fat from the crumbled sausage.
- Pour sausage in a bowl and mix in the softened cream cheese. Mix until creamy and well mixed.
- Take your crescent rolls and slice in half on each crescent roll.
- Place a scoop of sausage mixture on the thicker edge of the crescent roll. Begin wrapping the crescent roll. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the crescent rolls that are stuffed with the cream cheese and sausage for 12-15 minutes. You want the crescents to be golden brown.
- Serve the crescent rolls warm.
Sausage - You can use hot or mild sausage for this recipe.
Lower Fat - You can use low fat crescents and cream cheese if you want to help lessen the overall fat.
Store - Store your leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days. Eat cold or warm up in the microwave.
Freezing - You can freeze your leftovers in the freezer for 2-3 months. Just store in a freezer friendly container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.