Serve up this party sub for your next game day event, weeknight dinner, etc. This is a bundtwich, which is a canned French bread dough party sub that the bread is baked in a bundt cake pan. Then slice in half, and pile full of your favorite sandwich fixings.
An easy-to-assemble giant party sub that takes minimal effort to make. Whip up one or more of these giant subs and skip ordering a sub platter for your next social gathering. Fill full of cold cuts, roast beef, or make a meatball sub. Feel free to fill up your sub with all your favorite fixings.
This Party Sub Recipe Is…
- Best Sub for Game Days
- Easy Dinner Idea
- Grab and Go For Tailgating, Parties, etc.
- Fill with your Favorite Fixing
- Simple Ingredients
- Circular sandwich made in a bundt pan for fun look
- Budget Friendly
- Kid Friendly
Depending on what you want to put in your sandwich, the ingredients vary. Here is how I made my easy sub sandwich.
French Bread Dough – In the refrigerated section at the grocery store by the biscuits and crescent roll dough, you will find the French bread dough.
Lunch Meat – Feel free to use any of your favorites – turkey, ham, roast beef, salami, etc.
Cheese – I prefer to use deli style cheese.
Toppings – Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc.
Condiments – We used mayonnaise and mustard and then seasoned with salt and black pepper.
How to Make
Full steps on how to make one or more of these giant party subs are in the printable recipe card. This is a quick walk through on how it is made.
Step One: Preheat your oven, and then spray the bundt cake with cooking spray.
Step Two: Open the two cans of the refrigerated French bread dough. Do not unroll the dough.
Step Three: Place one of the rolls on one side of the bundt pan, and the other roll on the other side.
Step Four: Pinch the ends together creating one big ring in the bread dough. This is needed so the bread creates a round shape.
Step Five: Bake the bread as directed. Then once done, place on a cooling rack to cool.
Step Six: Slice the bread in half horizontally. Then add on your favorite condiments and fill with meat, cheese and toppings.
Variations and Substitutes to Bundtwich
Protein – You can do anything for the filling of your giant party sub. From a chicken salad, Italian seasonings and Italian genoa salami, pepperoni, etc. Or do a classic with ham, turkey breast, roast beef, or even sliced chicken deli meat. The variations to what you can use for this cold sub are endless.
Cheese – Spread on cream cheese, pile on American cheese, Swiss cheese, Provolone cheese, or any other of your favorites. Or step out of the box and pair two different varieties in one sandwich.
Condiments – Consider a ground mustard, horseradish mustard, drizzle with homemade ranch dressing, mayonnaise, or any other of your favorite condiments.
Toppings – Fresh lettuce, red onions, black olives, banana peppers, pickles, vine-ripened tomatoes, or any other of your favorite toppings. Just pile your loaf of bread with all your favorite fixings.
This sandwich is best made fresh and served. If you happen to not eat it all at once, you can refrigerate leftovers for up to two days.
More Sandwich Recipes
- 2 cans Refrigerated French Bread Dough
- 2 pounds Lunch meat
- 6-8 slices Cheddar Cheese or Monterey Jack
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons mustard
- Toppings Lettuce, tomatoes, onion, salt, pepper, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then grease your bundt pan with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove the French bread dough from the cans, and place the roll of bread right into the pan. Do not unroll the bread dough.
- Pinch the ends together to make a round circular bread dough in the bottom of the bundt pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and baked all the way through. Place your bread on a cooling rack to cool completely.
How to Assemble Sub Sandwich
- Slice your round French bread horizontally so you split the bread ring in half.
- Then you will add on mayonnaise and mustard, or any condiments you would like.
- Next top with lunch meat and sliced cheese.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, or any other toppings of choice. Then place the top on the sandwich, and slice and serve.
- 9 inch bundt pan
- Mandoline opitonal