Crockpot bean and bacon soup is a hearty and comforting white bean soup with tender bacon in each bite. Pair with some jalapeno cornbread and you have a soulful bean soup that will win your family over.
If you are a fan of crockpot soup recipes, this is one to add to your menu plan. Plus this homemade soup stores well and reheats beautifully. A no soak Northern Bean soup recipe!
My white bean and bacon soup is minimal prep and loaded with rich flavors. Give it a try and let me know in the comment section what you think.
How To Make
This is a visual walk through on how to make this crockpot bean and bacon soup. The full directions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Step One: Start by cooking your bacon until done, and then set aside. I cooked my bacon in the oven.
Step Two: Next you will add the oil, onions, celery and carrots into the slow cooker. Add in the stock, bacon, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, cumin, salt, pepper and the beans. Stir to ensure it is mixed.
Step Three: Put the lid on the slow cooker (I love using a liner for easy cleanup) and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low 8-9 hours, or until the beans and vegetables are tender and cooked.
Step Four: Once done, ladle up and serve with shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream or any other toppings you would like.
See how easy it is to make this crockpot bean soup! Delicious and satisfying.
Place your leftover soup in the fridge in an airtight container. The soup will store for 3-5 days in the fridge. You can freeze the soup as well but the texture of the beans will be softer once thawed and reheated.
You can freeze your soup for 2-3 months in a freezer approved container or freezer bag.
Common questions when making this slow cooker soup recipe!
- Zuppa Toscana Soup – Slow Cooker
- Crockpot Kielbasa and Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Crockpot Goulash
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
Crockpot Bean And Bacon Soup
- 8 ounces Cooked Bacon cut into small pieces
- 1 pound Dried Great Northern Beans rinsed and sorted
- 64 ounces Chicken stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Onions diced
- 2 cups Celery diced
- 2 cups Baby carrots sliced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Thyme
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- First start by cooking your bacon fully and then place on paper towel to remove excess grease. Then dice up into small pieces.
- In a strainer pour your dried beans and rinse under cold water. Remove any debris, stones or beans that are damaged.
- Place the bacon, stock, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, rinsed dried beans, thyme, cumin, salt and pepper into the crockpot.
- Stir well and place lid on the crockpot. Cook for 8-9 hours on low or 5-6 hours on high, or until the beans are tender and soft.
- Serve the crockpot bean and bacon soup warm with a topping of shredded cheese, sour cream, bacon, green onions, or any other toppings you would like.